Garmin topo maps

greener

Reaction score
I recently bought a garmin62s and got the garmin topo maps to go with it. I'm starting to think the topo maps were a mistake and that I should have went with bc backcountry maps. Does anyone use the topo maps and if so how are they?

blar

Reaction score
Take a look at Ibycus maps. The detail on the maps are really good and it's a free download.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't go with "Backroads Map Book" maps. I tried that. My Garmin topo maps were wayyyyy better.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I recently bought a garmin62s and got the garmin topo maps to go with it. I'm starting to think the topo maps were a mistake and that I should have went with bc backcountry maps. Does anyone use the topo maps and if so how are they?

the best maps ever and I've used my GPS for years with the Topo maps. They show all the creeks, drainages, elevations, and a lot of the trials. They are not up to date on all the logging roads (those are constantly changing but thats what tracking is for on the GPS. Nice to have all the information in the GPS instead of in a book that you have to take out all the time.

Last edited:

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the cost of these maps? It's just a download once purchased?

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the cost of these maps? It's just a download once purchased?

Hi Ll82, Go to www.gpscentral.ca and look around for MapSource Products, they come in DVD'S and Pre-progammed Micro SD Cards, one thing! the micro SD Cards do not open (work) on the computer. I would suggest that you purchase the DVD'S then make your own Mapping Micro SD Cards, and do not purchase over 4 gb's Micro SD Cards. Garmin MapSource Topo Canada V4 for all of CANADA is 3.4 gb's. ibycus Topo Canada V4, by Dale Atkin out of Calgary is as good as the Garmin's T C V 4. and he ls thinking about doing a V 5. Do a searce on ibycus.

K B4 Y G, Bruce.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about bushmaps?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are those the ones drawn on a napkin in the coffee shop? .....lol

Thats the ones. I googled them and a friend uses them. Well in Alberta anyway it shows hunting zones ,well sites and creeks etc. maybe more for hunters. I was thinking of trying it.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can't understand why ya always get lost ray, i thought there was always someone wanting to tell ya where to go
icon10.gif

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TOPO Canada and get the DVD for your laptop as you can then upload and down load pictures tracks and alot of other features. The bush map needs the topo canada as a base map to operate.
I have used the TOPO canada for years now and it is the easiest to us and works well. I have all the patch map,bush map and roads and trails of AB. and BC. and recommend the topo for the price.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TOPO Canada and get the DVD for your laptop as you can then upload and down load pictures tracks and alot of other features. The bush map needs the topo canada as a base map to operate.
I have used the TOPO canada for years now and it is the easiest to us and works well. I have all the patch map,bush map and roads and trails of AB. and BC. and recommend the topo for the price.

Find the 216 Athony Henday On the Garmin Topo Canada V2 or the V4 ??? If you want PRICE go to ibycus, Dale Atkin out of Calgary and for a $25.00 donation PAY PAL, he will mail it to you. Do a search.

K B4 Y G Bruce

go green

Reaction score
It is realy neat to overlay your tracks on google earth, you can set way points to find hidden places that are hard to find from ground level .

Top Bottom