Garmin Nuvi GPS

wellluck

Reaction score
Anyone use a Garmin Nuvi GPS? I'm thinking about purchasing one and would be interested in any comments before I do.
Thanks,

Al

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a nuvi, can't remember which one tho. I really like it now, i installed oiltrax and now can look up lease numbers and show alot more of the back roads. i heard that there is a better mapping program from calgary, but can't remember the name of it. It is good if you do alot of travelling to unknown areas.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up a 360 for the wife. It's a great unit.One nice thing about it is it has the Bluetooth so she ties it in with the cellphone. We use it when we go south to Nevada and it tells you where the nearest gas and eats are.

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Nuvi 260w, It is the best $300 that i ever spent. The only thing with the GPS systems is you have to learn to trust them.

tasco

Reaction score
I use a Garmin 276 C. I did a lot of reserch in to GPS units and I decided that Nuvi's, Tom Tom's and the like are not for me and my application. the screens on the 276 can be customised to show you what you want, such as elevation, speed, ETA, time etc..... They are similar to the GPSMAP 76Cx but with twice the screen size. It is also waterproof and has litium ion batteries. Mounted mine on my sled with the included Marine mount and it stayed attached to the sled after rolling it several times.

Check it out.

Depending on what you want in a GPS the Nuvi might be right for you.

The only thing I don't like about the 276 C is that it does not map in 3D like the NUVI, only the top down view or 2D

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Nuvi line is definately a "in cab" device only. I have the 260W and it works great in the vehicles. The satellite reception time is very fast, and the menu system is very intuitive when you start spelling names. I also have a Garmin Etrex Legend (work GPS) that I take with me whenever we are in the mountains. It is very compact and of course waterproof. There have been days that both GPS units have helped me a great deal.

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a NUVI 250W..... Got it on sale at Can. Tire and worth every penny I spent. Just finished a run from Saskatoon to Vancouver and back and used it the whole way... Saved my sorry azz trying to get around Vancouver and finding fuel along the way. Can`t belive I ever survived without it...:d

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have the NUVI 250 and has worked very well. Just make sure you do your map updates.

Billy Boy:cool:

wellluck

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I see Canadian Tire has the 250 on sale Saturday for $179.00. I think I'll pick one up as it is for vehicle use.

Al

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have the Garmin 250 and at time of purchase you where allowed one free map update over the net. Just a heads up I did my map upgrade through the internet and it took about 6 hours. For a price of $ 10.00 they will send you the upgrade on a cd, the ten bucks might be worth the time saver. I think the basic map upgrades were around $ 25.00.

Britt

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Nuvi 250 and just bought the 760. Easiest GPS on the market to use.

Top Bottom