Garbage

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
As the new season begins I want to reinforce the importance of "Pack it In - Pack it out" It looks pretty bad when I get an email from a huge supporter of BRPP and Sledding who also runs a back country ski lodge. These types of things are what give sledding a bad name and it makes it hard to deal with government and all the anti motorized lobby groups. We need to police ourselves or we will be policed out of the back country.

Another issue that was raised by our summer guests that hike in the meadows was the proliferation of beer cans. Some awareness around "pack it in -pack it out" would also be appreciated.

Bill
BRPP President

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As the new season begins I want to reinforce the importance of "Pack it In - Pack it out" It looks pretty bad when I get an email from a huge supporter of BRPP and Sledding who also runs a back country ski lodge. These types of things are what give sledding a bad name and it makes it hard to deal with government and all the anti motorized lobby groups. We need to police ourselves or we will be policed out of the back country.

Another issue that was raised by our summer guests that hike in the meadows was the proliferation of beer cans. Some awareness around "pack it in -pack it out" would also be appreciated.

Bill
BRPP President

It's sad to watch some people just chucking there garbage around up in the hills, we all need to have the guts to remind those people when we see them that it is a privilege to even be up there with our sleds!! A privilege that most of us sledders are more than happy to have. Also it is sad to see all the beer cans and crap up there when you go up in the summer, but most people don't get up there to see it.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's sad that we need to be reminded about picking up garbage. Had to pick up after some guys this weekend after they towed out a busted up dragon. Rope and rappers just left there. Makes me wonder what sled parts got ripped off and left behind?

Top Bottom