Gallstone home remedies

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok peeps.. I'm in bed right now having been diagnosed with Gallstones. The docs in the ER did an ultrasound showing stones, but unfortunately, before they can operate they have to get me in for an "official" ultrasound, which could take a week or so...
In my family women were often plagued with gallstones. My cousin told me of a remedy but she can't remember the spelling of the particular wine. It was Kelona white wine into which you slice up white onions then soak them in wine and eat the onions. Does anyone know of such a wine?
I've been eating raw beets with Lemons and olive oil..

Do you guys have any other home remedies?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok peeps.. I'm in bed right now having been diagnosed with Gallstones. The docs in the ER did an ultrasound showing stones, but unfortunately, before they can operate they have to get me in for an "official" ultrasound, which could take a week or so...
In my family women were often plagued with gallstones. My cousin told me of a remedy but she can't remember the spelling of the particular wine. It was Kelona white wine into which you slice up white onions then soak them in wine and eat the onions. Does anyone know of such a wine?

I,ve heard apples or apple juice will help the symptons. Morphine also worked for me but then you probably already know that. Good luck!:)

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a teen son? Tell him you need to borrow some of his weed... Will get rid of any pain and make things really funny..

My mom got her gallbladder removed, now a days it's just a day surgery. Good luck..

Sent from my white iPhone 4

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a teen son? Tell him you need to borrow some of his weed... Will get rid of any pain and make things really funny..

My mom got her gallbladder removed, now a days it's just a day surgery. Good luck..

haa haaa!
That's what the doc said.. Super simple operation, quick recovery. I asked why they had to remove the entire gallbladder. He said once you've had stones you'll end up in the same situation again and again. I eat a low fat kind of healthy hippie diet anyways so it should be ok.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well that just sucks Taleesha!

the best bang for your buck will be to remove the sand paper from an orbital sander and replace with a peice of cloth. Best results occur with cutting a chunk out of your 1000 thread count sheets. Also your choice of sanders is critical. The Mikita palm sander is a good choice.
So simply take a large does of tequila and begin sanding the effected area.
This should break up the larger stones into a more pass-able size.
Avoid public bathrooms for a bit, as the screaming may upset fellow facility users.

Good luck

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Anything having to do with wine has to remedy something not????? J/K My mom had her's out many many years ago and it was a big deal back then but I have heard it is done laproscopically now and is easy peasy. Please let me know if you need anything...I can be there in a day.

Take care

Jan

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well that just sucks Taleesha!

the best bang for your buck will be to remove the sand paper from an orbital sander and replace with a peice of cloth. Best results occur with cutting a chunk out of your 1000 thread count sheets. Also your choice of sanders is critical. The Mikita palm sander is a good choice.
So simply take a large does of tequila and begin sanding the effected area.
This should break up the larger stones into a more pass-able size.
Avoid public bathrooms for a bit, as the screaming may upset fellow facility users.

Good luck

Anything having to do with wine has to remedy something not????? J/K My mom had her's out many many years ago and it was a big deal back then but I have heard it is done laproscopically now and is easy peasy. Please let me know if you need anything...I can be there in a day.

Take care

Jan

haa haaa Kobes!! That' awesome.. I think I'll pass on that one...

Jan, thank you so much... Yup I think it'll be easy peasy, the frustrating part is waiting to have it done. You're awesome, I'm hugging you with my mind. The kids have been grating beets for me with lemon juice squeezed over top.. and Kale chips with Olive oil on them.. not sure if it's helping yet.. but I have my fingers and toes crossed.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haa haaa!
That's what the doc said.. Super simple operation, quick recovery. I asked why they had to remove the entire gallbladder. He said once you've had stones you'll end up in the same situation again and again. I eat a low fat kind of healthy hippie diet anyways so it should be ok.

If your getting surgery might as well get the whole thing removed. And not have to worry about going back because you didn't remove it the first time.

Like with my wisdom teeth, why not just remove them all instead of just the sore ones? That way I never had to go back and get the rest pulled out at a later date. ;)

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My mother just had her gallblader removed laproscopically.She was released the next day and felt fine(73 years old).

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The kids have been grating beets for me with lemon juice squeezed over top.. and Kale chips with Olive oil on them.. not sure if it's helping yet.. but I have my fingers and toes crossed.
Eating that witches brew would curl/cross my fingers and toes permanently....then likely blow my arse out a day later. GAWD woman! Go get it removed. Just about every female after having kids (especially if a bit chubby...which of course, you are not) goes through gall bladder issues. Trust you to come up with a wine fix though...hahaha...nice try!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eating that witches brew would curl/cross my fingers and toes permanently....then likely blow my arse out a day later. GAWD woman! Go get it removed. Just about every female after having kids (especially if a bit chubby...which of course, you are not) goes through gall bladder issues. Trust you to come up with a wine fix though...hahaha...nice try!

he hee hee... :D I laughed when my cousin told me that... I didn't use the wine cure, I was afraid I'd hate wine after that.
Yup, just playing the waiting game of the healthcare system here in BC.. just found out that they are short handed for ultrasound tech people because of summer holidays. You never know... beets may be the answer... one day Dave, I will feed you my borscht.. lol.:p

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
I have also heard of the wine concoction!! I've never tried it.....nor will I ever....my girlfriend does it whenever she's really really sick....it has never been a specific wine.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Are you sure somebody didnt tell the the raw beets thing more as a punishment than a cure?

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sure somebody didnt tell the the raw beets thing more as a punishment than a cure?

It's actually very very good!! lol.. with the lemon juice... really.. I promise..... try it.... :eek::d

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Home remedy...... Hmmm.

a fifth of whiskey straight out of the bottle, no ice, no mix and a piece of tail. :eek:

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a wine called 'Colonna'...that might be the one you're not sure of the spelling of??

Get better quick :)....LOL, but you are in BC...so getting better quick isn't usually an option for us.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been waiting for almost a year to have surgery,very painfull when you have a attack.I found that lots of ginger ale and T4's work's for me.Massage the area below rib cage to help the stone pass more quickly.The stones are soft not hard like kidney stones. Need to figuire out which food set off a attack,mostly greasey and spicey foods.Hope this helps Good Luck.

Top Bottom