Gable bowl up boundry cr. -Greenwood

Dragon mod

Reaction score
Has anybody been up or around the gable bowl between greenwood and grandforks? How much snow and what is it like? Looking to go this coming weekend!!

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can now just start to get into the Gable bowl and area. Good base.... 4-6 ft of snow. on a side note: A word to the wise. If you were in any way invloved with some tire slashing up the gable bowl area last year and have an american plate on your vehicle, i know some of the Grand Forks BC boyz who want to find the A$$ who slashed a few tires at the staging area for the Gable bowl area... Not saying you were involved but I would be cautious... :) All I heard from the BC boyz when I was sledding the gable a couple a weeks ago was about how this group of four sledders from Washing state had slashed some bc tires prior to leaving the staging area... Words on the hill are one thing but putting them to use is another. In fact I saw a sign up the North Fork enroute to the 28 mile bridge that said and I quote" YANKEES GO HOME" pinned to a huge Rock by the Bridge. I don`t condone slashing other peoples tires over whos got the baddest sled on the hill, but I sure would not want to be the one to be pulled over by a bunch of BC Rednecks up the North Fork over slashed tires. Stay safe and always treat other towns designated sledding areas as if they were in your town. A little respect goes along way. Just my 2 cents. Stay safe and watch the slopes for avy`s up there. Nothing has slid yet in the gable area so I`d be cautious right now. End of feb early march is a good time up the gable area eh :)

Dragon mod

Reaction score
No we were not the guys that slashed the tires, first time I have heard about it. We would never do anything like that, we ride in canada all the time and always treat everything like if it was our own. When did that happen, I would like to kick their asses too!!!!! :rant: Where were the rigs parked at? We ride from the boundry creek side where they stop plowing the road. That is a bunch of chit. The reason we like the gable bowl area is that we are only 45 min from home at the parking area. I haven't been there once and seen anybody besides passing on the trail. We rode there 4 or 5 times last year and I think we only seen 1 group of 4 and that was on the way out on the trail in the dark. So NO it wasn't us that slashed the tires, we wouldn't ever do anything like that, if you find out who they are and where they live just let me know and I will do my part to take care of them. Since I am on this side of the border it is a little easier for me to help take care of them. I don't understand why anybody would destroy somebodys personal property for any reason especially over being hi marked what a joke. Oh and by the way every time I have been to the gable bowl there is only me and my buddy and some times our wifes.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Man, that is close to home for you eh, sweet spot and easy drive up through Danville. I have no names, just know they are pissed off at some of the American boys. It's good to hear your not mixed up in that lifestyle. Apparently these guys were all riding Doo's Xp Rev's and a couple Summit's. I spoke with a buddy from GF tonight, he was up the gable last Sat and said it's all Hero snow know due to the change in the conditions. lot's of Hoar frost up there as well. He also mentioned there are quite a few boulders sticking out near the top shootout, so be cautious of those eh. Apparently it has slid up there according to my buddy, so watch that aspect as well, he said they hi marked it and it was stable but you never know, it could slide again as he stated" there are a lot of wind swept slopes" Icy in the area too.
If any of those guys gives you trouble on the slopes up there you tell em you know Richard the guy with the Apex's from Red Deer, Alberta! Please post some pics from the Gable ride, as I'm am really wanting to get back to GF to ride.

Watch those 30% slopes and ride safe, I want pictures lol

No we were not the guys that slashed the tires, first time I have heard about it. We would never do anything like that, we ride in canada all the time and always treat everything like if it was our own. When did that happen, I would like to kick their asses too!!!!! :rant: Where were the rigs parked at? We ride from the boundry creek side where they stop plowing the road. That is a bunch of chit. The reason we like the gable bowl area is that we are only 45 min from home at the parking area. I haven't been there once and seen anybody besides passing on the trail. We rode there 4 or 5 times last year and I think we only seen 1 group of 4 and that was on the way out on the trail in the dark. So NO it wasn't us that slashed the tires, we wouldn't ever do anything like that, if you find out who they are and where they live just let me know and I will do my part to take care of them. Since I am on this side of the border it is a little easier for me to help take care of them. I don't understand why anybody would destroy somebodys personal property for any reason especially over being hi marked what a joke. Oh and by the way every time I have been to the gable bowl there is only me and my buddy and some times our wifes.

Dragon mod

Reaction score
I appreciate it Richard:beer:Yeah I ride a 09 dragon with a boondocker turbo and my buddy rides a xp that is all tricked out with different a colored hood panel and huge yellow vents in every panel, it is cool lookin. Yeah with the snow being hero snow I might just stay at home for the weekend since we are heading to trout lake and revy for 5 days next weekend. But if we go I will post some pics for you. If you talk to the guys that had the problem with the yanks and they can tell you anymore just let me know. We also know and ride with a coulple of guys that live on the bc side at danville so I don't think we would have any problems but you never know. Oh well I spend almost every weekend in bc and feel like it is a home away from home to me. Talk to ya later Richard cheers:beer:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I appreciate it Richard:beer:Yeah I ride a 09 dragon with a boondocker turbo and my buddy rides a xp that is all tricked out with different a colored hood panel and huge yellow vents in every panel, it is cool lookin. Yeah with the snow being hero snow I might just stay at home for the weekend since we are heading to trout lake and revy for 5 days next weekend. But if we go I will post some pics for you. If you talk to the guys that had the problem with the yanks and they can tell you anymore just let me know. We also know and ride with a coulple of guys that live on the bc side at danville so I don't think we would have any problems but you never know. Oh well I spend almost every weekend in bc and feel like it is a home away from home to me. Talk to ya later Richard cheers:beer:

No worries man, send pics. Sounds like Revy will be fun for ya's all... I have not been to Revy yet, kinda turned off from Revy from all the theft and vandilism in the staging and parking lot's... Where do you stay in Revy and where do you ride if you would not mind sharing some info...
Stay warm and ride safe.

Dragon mod

Reaction score
It all depends on the snow and the weather. If it is a blue bird day and fresh snow we hit boulder the 1st day if not we hit frisby and then after that we either hit frisby again or area 51 depending on the snow. If we get a wild hair up our asses we head to trout lake especially if the snow around revy is tracked up. If we have enough time we head into blue lake. Then on our way home we hit owls head or lions head up out of enderby. We always stay in the I think it is the best western or the super 8. They have good security and haven't had a problem yet. Last year before before I had to have my rotweiler put down I would always take him and leave him in the trailer in the snow park and at the hotel at night. He liked it since I had a bed for him in there and the heater kept it around 60 deg in there. Since there are windows in my trailer he would bark and growl when people came close to the trailer it was really funny because it would scare the ch!t out of people. We had some guys that looked like they were kinda casing the trailer and once they looked in the window there his big ass head was sporting all his teeth and drool. They ran off like little girls. If you ever need someone to ride with let us know and will see if we can hook up. Jim:beer:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Sounds like fun. Wife and I are booked in at the next weekend at Crows Nest Pass for 3 days of sledding and R&R. My buddy Chris and the boys might be up Gable this weekend. Chris thinks he has met you guys on the trail before. He said he will chat to you about the tire incident and find out if you know these guys. Anyway the BC boyz like meeting friendly peeps on the trail, Chris stated these other guys were not very friendly last year and left garbage on the trail, like coffee cups and beer cans chip bags etc... Look for a Black M7, an 08 Blue Phazer, and a 04 Green M1, that will be Chris, Steve, and Russ, maybe the women too not sure... They can show you a good time up there as well if you want to explore.... Have a great weekend eh :)

For Crowsnest current conditions look here.

CROWSNEST CONDITIONS

It all depends on the snow and the weather. If it is a blue bird day and fresh snow we hit boulder the 1st day if not we hit frisby and then after that we either hit frisby again or area 51 depending on the snow. If we get a wild hair up our asses we head to trout lake especially if the snow around revy is tracked up. If we have enough time we head into blue lake. Then on our way home we hit owls head or lions head up out of enderby. We always stay in the I think it is the best western or the super 8. They have good security and haven't had a problem yet. Last year before before I had to have my rotweiler put down I would always take him and leave him in the trailer in the snow park and at the hotel at night. He liked it since I had a bed for him in there and the heater kept it around 60 deg in there. Since there are windows in my trailer he would bark and growl when people came close to the trailer it was really funny because it would scare the ch!t out of people. We had some guys that looked like they were kinda casing the trailer and once they looked in the window there his big ass head was sporting all his teeth and drool. They ran off like little girls. If you ever need someone to ride with let us know and will see if we can hook up. Jim:beer:

Dragon mod

Reaction score
That sounds like a good time, looks like the snow is good. I don't think we are heading to greenwood this weekend with the hero snow and all but I will look for your buddies when we are in there next and give a hello. Those guys who slashed the tires need their asses kicked. They give a bad name for all of us other yanks. That is my biggest pet pev to not leave garbage in any mountains. There is nobody to take the garbage out but us. No inmates or garbage men. Those guys are a waste of flesh in my eyes. Well have a good time in sparwood and we will hopefully meet on the trail sometime and be careful of the avys. Cheers :beer:

Top Bottom