Future XM owner saying hello

sean03

Reaction score
I've been lurking on this site for a few months now and would just like to say hello as I'm sure I'll have a handful of questions in the near future. I chose to do a quick intro in the XM forum because this is likely to be the only place I post.

I live in the east kootenays, and recently came very close to purchasing a 2011 m8 sno pro. Admittedly, the m8 is a solid sled and would have served me just fine. However, a series of events led me to rent a sled in fernie to go for a rip with my brother in law and a his friend, who were out from SK to do some sledding.

I booked a rental sled from Gear Hub in Fernie. When I arrived to load up, the owner was out of town. His lovely staff had me speak with him on the phone, so he could lay down the law - "your going to be riding a new sled, 2013, she leaves new, comes back new... get it?". yessir.

So, a staff member came outside and showed me the sled, 2013 XM 163... nice! So we load up and end up finding some relatively deep pow in a mellow zone. It didn't take me long to fall in love with this sled. I grew up riding in SK, but knew I had a ton to learn about riding deeper snow in mountainous terrain. One day on this baby and my frugal(ish) plans of purchasing the M8 were scrapped. XM is the route I'm going to take.

Anywho, turns out, I was given the wrong sled. I was to supposed be riding a new 2013 sport, xp rental sled. What the staff member accidentally pointed me to, was indeed the owners personal sled - 2013 XM with no sway bar. Great sled, blew me away, great day. This great day was not cheap, as it will cost me an extra 3-4 grand to get the sled I want.

I haven't made a purchase yet because I figure once the 2014's are released, more options for a used xm will surface. I'll keep my eyes on Kijiji and scoop one before next winter. In the mean time, I'll be lurking here and making plans for a few addons to my future sled.

Cheers,

Sean

Last edited:

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! You lucked out on accidently borrowing the XM.

You wont regret it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You lucky bastage!!! Good on you :D

Watch kijiji, and check out our classifieds here on the site. Once the 14's start snow checking, you'll see a LOT of 13's up for grab's.

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe February 24th for Doo. After riding my buddies XM I didn't really care for it until I rode it a second time and loved it. The power is great and I found it feels lighter on the snow than my pro.. I can say I've definitely been thinking about snow checking a '14 XM and switching back to a Doo.. Guess ill see in a few more weeks

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First time in the mountains, Valemount my buddy drags my sorry azz with him. Rent a brand new 09 summit. Returned to Edmonton and bought the exact sled. Last year in Sicamous the 13 shows up to show off and a couple of the guys in the group get to ride it. Perm a grin on their gobs all night talking about selling their 09's and snow checking 13's. I've never been much of a follower but the reaction the sled created compared to the skill set it was no doubt to follow suit. The wife as much as she loved sledding was noticably frustrated with her 09, now that she is on a 13 I get phone calls asking if dates in 2014 are ok with my holidays as she has booked us into a Ride Rassumen Style Clinic. Night and day difference. Thank you BRP for making my life as great as great can be without a lotto win. Ya still hoping for that one to happen. :p

Cheers:beer:

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow
Still Doolaide to go around!!
That Machine must be as good as the XM!!

Top Bottom