Fuel storage under sled deck

Limbo

Reaction score
Hello, I am curious how guys are transporting fuel under their sled decks. With the ramp in place there isn't enough room to store a 20L jerry or 19L race fuel can upright. Ideally I'd like to be able to carry 100L or more, enough for a 3-4 day trip with one turbo sled.

Thanks

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
With all my different trucks and many decks i've had, never had trouble wedging jerry cans in.... They went in sideways between the ramp "ladders" and never was an issue..... I do remember one deck was tricky and i even put a 2x4 across sideways, so the jerry cans couldn't slip sideways on hard braking and slide forward, crushing everything in their path ;)

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
weird. Just put 4, 20L jerry cans under mine last night to fill up on the way home tonight.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
weird. Just put 4, 20L jerry cans under mine last night to fill up on the way home tonight.

Mine fit in FRONT of the 2nd ramp half, which makes it a pain in the @$$ for filling them up when empty. My uncle has a "Dock Mate" for me, that I'm going to try this season I think.... 130 Liter "flow & go" jerry can. If the flow & go doesn't work, I always carry a "wiggle hose" for fueling up as well.

Limbo

Reaction score
I looked up the flow & go, Canadian Tire lists them as 53L. Is there a bigger one because that looks like it might work really well.

I haven't tried sideways between the rungs of the ladder, never even thought of that 🙈 will give that a try tonight. The ramp on the Full Lotus deck is really beefy and hangs down quite a bit farther into the box than my old Marlon.

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I looked up the flow & go, Canadian Tire lists them as 53L. Is there a bigger one because that looks like it might work really well.

I haven't tried sideways between the rungs of the ladder, never even thought of that  will give that a try tonight. The ramp on the Full Lotus deck is really beefy and hangs down quite a bit farther into the box than my old Marlon.

I'll see if I can get a photo of the one that's been kept aside for me. He's in Arizona right now so might be difficult.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
130L flow and go would be nice.

I may be wrong on the size, waiting for a text back from my uncle, but even at that, 2 of those 53 liter ones would work, balance weight across the truck, low profile.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watch those flo and go setups. Some have really cheap plastic that breaks easy in the summer so I would think the winter would be even worse.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watch those flo and go setups. Some have really cheap plastic that breaks easy in the summer so I would think the winter would be even worse.

x2 - I know the original ones were just a glorified hand pump to prime s siphon hose. Tried one and it only took a couple trips before it ended up in the garbage.
Haven't looked at them since, so they may be better or different now.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with any regular Jerry cans fitting under my marathon classic deck on 3/4" plywood or my buddies bulldog deck go race cans would not fit
maybe you could find some of the old vp race fuel metal cans to use they should fit under a deck

stomper

Reaction score

I haven't tried sideways between the rungs of the ladder, never even thought of that  will give that a try tonight. The ramp on the Full Lotus deck is really beefy and hangs down quite a bit farther into the box than my old Marlon.

You best build up you forearm muscle cause unless you have it higher than sled gas tank its a pain to pump it if is doesn't siphon. I have one for diesel fuel and they don't like the cold weather either. The handle will puke fuel when its cold

• Recommends
Reactions: K45

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the flo n go is only 14 gallon, i found a 25 gallon........

I can't see this working with out having to pull it out and stand it up each time you need to fuel, seems like a pian in the a$$. If the fill hose came out the bottom it would work laying down and would be a sweet set up. Has anyone found anything else like this?

Top Bottom