Fuel for Turbo

Limbo

Reaction score
This will be my second year running an Aerocharged '14 Freeride at 7-8lbs boost. Last season I ran 2/3 Fury 108 race gas to 1/3 94 premium. Riding in areas like McBride and Valemont is this overkill, and does it impact anything other than my wallet?

Thanks

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have two cans of shell urt 105oct in Edmonton I'd like to see gone if you want to run them. Good fuel very consistent.

I ran it in a blower car but am done racing now.

Id say say you could run 50/50 mix with pump fuel at elevation. Around town more race fuel as your dynamic compression will increase with the lower elevation. Do you have a knock sensor?

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The way you were mixing it you are ending up with 97 - 98 octane. 100LL avgas will be cheaper and you will end up with higher octane so a bit safer. Unless there is some reason avgas is not good for a 2 stroke. I run 100% avgas in my 4 stroke.

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to add that running straight avgas makes your sled a bit harder to start in cold weather. So thats a downfall.

mctrailboss

Reaction score
any high octane fuel is harder to start. On the xm it just means it starts first pull near the end of the pull, not in the first 12".

Top Bottom