Fubar track and rails

Captain Undies

Reaction score
:rant:Hey guys, I thought I could get some Response to a little boo boo I had on the weekend. I was out on he sled and having a good time when all of a sudden,......whammooo!!!!! I went for a nasty ride over the handlebars and come to a crumplng stop about 20ft in front of my sled. Upon ispection of the sled as to why the F^&ing thing would just stop like that when travelling at a high rate of speed I discovered that my rails went through my track and messed Sh*t up. Now i was thinking about putting in a timbersled suspension but I have changed my mind and Im just gonna replace my rails cause they are pooched. My question is for anyone willing to help me here is.......what kind of track is everyone using, or what would you reccomend and why? I had a 162x2.25"x3" pitch camoplast(stock for 2008) and I figure I would do something different if its worth it,.........seeing as how I have it all apart anyways. Oh yes and ill be putting an anti stab kit back on it to this time:rant:

mountaincatab

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago. Went with a camoplast track, new rails, new sliders, new drivers and anti stab kit. Wasn't cheap is all i can say!!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my question is what the heck is going on to cause this issue as i see more than one peep who has had the same thing happen, and i for the life of me cannot see how it is even possible if suspension is installed and maintained correctly.

Captain Undies

Reaction score
I myself wonder that to. I wasnt running a "loose track" or have done any mods to the suspension either. All I can say is that it had to be the right combination of speed/approach angle/snow conditions/weight/etc. and it all come together at the right(wrong) time and caused it

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I myself wonder that to. I wasnt running a "loose track" or have done any mods to the suspension either. All I can say is that it had to be the right combination of speed/approach angle/snow conditions/weight/etc. and it all come together at the right(wrong) time and caused it

hmm anybody?
i run my track so loose i can put my arm between the rails and track when lifted up, have never had an issue, with ratcheting or like this.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should make it a 174" while your at it.

Captain Undies

Reaction score
Ok, so if I go to 174" I would need to put a longer tunnel on it right? I see BDX makes a tunnel update, who else makes one that isnt that costly? The BDX one is reasonable and looks simple enough to do. What the hell,.if im gonna spend some money, I may as well get right after it and spend a few bucks more and make it what I want right.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bend your own. $50 worth of aluminum ,2 90 degree bends your done. Catman10 has a template if you need.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a guy on here that has a new powerclaw for sale for like 500.00 These are good tracks. They are the ones that come stock on the '09 and newer m-series. The stock '07 & '08 m-series tracks were junk in my opinion cause they were way to soft!

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a guy on here that has a new powerclaw for sale for like 500.00 These are good tracks. They are the ones that come stock on the '09 and newer m-series. The stock '07 & '08 m-series tracks were junk in my opinion cause they were way to soft!

powerclaws are awesome!!! deep pow there isnt a better track.....but good luck stopping on hard snow!!!! flew off a cliff in the spring because it turned into a tobaggon. needless to say my extra belt has a new use!!!

Top Bottom