Front diff gone out again in brute

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i was goin to roache lake yesterday, and m front diff pilled up on me again, it was just rebuilt, this summer and I might have got 20hrs on the thing befor she let go again, and I'm only running 27'' mud lights no lift....
This machine has caused me lots of problems, rear knuckel breakin causeing 3000 in damages cause it caused me to roll over, front diff now 2 times..... I dont know what to think about this pos anymore, just wounderin if there are any laws or somethin that help protect canadian consumers if they buy a pos the manufacturer will buy it back ??? THink i might be lookin at an 800 outty hear really soon..

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some friends of mine were up that way on sleds yesterday and said it was hard going for the smaller sleds so i can imagine that your brute was chatering through the snow and with the power they have yah it wouldnt take long for a diff to pile up i know when mine went out my buddy was driving it doing a drag pull and he got her hopping in the sand and didnt back out of it and bang 3k in warranty

tchcont

Reaction score
part the thing out and don't look back , had same issues
with the 3 i had. finally got smart and moved on.
try the knew polaris 850 xp , very strong and the machines
feel way lighter than rated:d have 3 polaris's now and never
back to shop. turns 28's all day long , and imagine a true
4x4 system , were all 4 tires acually spin!

between diffs , axles , clutch cleanings, electrical issues,
shocks , misc quit working , the little extra $ is well spent
on another brand.

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blew my diff and case.Dont remember hitting any rocks neither.Sux that you cant even buy a complete unit just parts I ordered one from the wreckers for 500 bucks but definately they are not built right or something.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
front end was not hoppin, we stayed on the packed trails, just used 4x4 to make it easyer to steer, i was goin down the trail and some thing seemed like it binded, cause its really threw me hard like the front tires stoped moving for a second, we when back down the trail to see if i hit anthing and there was nothin there, then shortly after that i could hear my diff racheting. The snow was really soft but you would think a atv could drive down the same trails as a 4x4 truck there wear like 8 pick up truck out there.

BIG_BRUTE750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea that was f**ked the way she just went pop you weren't even torquen on it. but yea kawi should really look at changing some thing with there diffs. and wonder how long it will be down this time.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you have only like 20 or so hours on the new diff maybe it was assembled incorrectly or something if kawi fixed it i would be makin them do it again for free

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, If I take it in some time this week I migh get the thing back next year this time..... I dont know im a little sick of this thing right now, it took cycle works 3 months to get parts to fix the diff this summer so it sat all summer, think the first ride i whent on was september long week end cause the pos was in the shop.... Ill giv ccle works a call tomorrow and see wtf they are going to do.

slvrbrt

Reaction score
if you have only like 20 or so hours on the new diff maybe it was assembled incorrectly or something if kawi fixed it i would be makin them do it again for free

I'd have to agree, sounds like a screw up in assembling it or something. I guess the other obvious question, how was the fluid in it?

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I still have not got the brute in think ill do it for sure this week but was lookin at it an the housing for the diff on the bottom is cracked... I phoned cycle works and some irritating lady keeps telling me they only warrenty it for like 90 day.... but im sure if i talk to someone that knows what they are talkin about ill get this thing fixed in time to go play in the mud just b4 it freezes cause we all know how fast kawi is at gettin parts sent out and scince i need the entire diff this time should be around 6 months b4 its all fixed last time it took like 4 months and all they needed was the gutts inside ....

maybe i should just burn it and say i was ridin it around and it just caught on fire....

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just go in and talk to them when my diff went out i needed the whole thing to and i had it back in 2 weeks so something dont sound right there

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
part the thing out and don't look back , had same issues
with the 3 i had. finally got smart and moved on.
try the knew polaris 850 xp , very strong and the machines
feel way lighter than rated:d have 3 polaris's now and never
back to shop. turns 28's all day long , and imagine a true
4x4 system , were all 4 tires acually spin!

between diffs , axles , clutch cleanings, electrical issues,
shocks , misc quit working , the little extra $ is well spent
on another brand.

Check out the twisted axles and smoked belts on Highlifter on the new 850 XP ..LOL

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hears a pic of the crack on the diff

Attachments

• messed up diff.jpg
    messed up diff.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 26

Rvr

Reaction score
i have a 05 650 and the front dif went on it in th first 100k so im lucky it was on waranty have 1400 on it now and its been good so far tutch wood and i do agree they need to revamp it. and last summer i bent my rear axle somehow :( havnt taken it in to get it fixed yet eather.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah, 6 months pluse two weeks... lol maybe ill just take it to Cars kawasaki in leduce they seem to be alot faster...

Top Bottom