friggin polaris's

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my polaris is living up to its name. last night i blew the belt driving home from the local sand pit.

i was just pulling into greenstreet when i heard a most unpleasant noise of gears grinding and stuff rubbing when i lost all power. the engines fine but when you rev it the wheels wont turn so we are pretty sure its the belt cause thats what polaris is famous for!:d

Last edited:

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of noise for a belt??? Shouldn't hear any gears grinding if a belt decided to head south. Sure wouldn't hurt to check out the drive train

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya that does not sound like a belt blowing if there was grinding noises.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Yup it is a belt I witnessed 2 belts blowing up and the sound it made I could have swore it was a tranny or something blowing up

hmm, on our sportsman 700 weve only blown one belt, and some bushings,

If you only blew one it is either new or you don't ride it hard enough :p

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup it is a belt I witnessed 2 belts blowing up and the sound it made I could have swore it was a tranny or something blowing up

If you only blew one it is either new or you don't ride it hard enough :p

What he said... Belt chunks and crap being whipped around and pounded by the primary inside the clutch cover/shrouding. Kind of like a blender. :)

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Skyboy wasn't that you over on the UTV forum recommending to someone who was interested in buying a Rhino that they buy anything Polaris (RZR, Ranger). What says you now?:p

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Skyboy wasn't that you over on the UTV forum recommending to someone who was interested in buying a Rhino that they buy anything Polaris (RZR, Ranger). What says you now?:p

to be honest i would recomend the polaris 500's and the utv's but nothing else.:d:beer:

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
oh its a 2000 and we ride hard on it, we blew 2 bushings in the primary, we plow snow and everything with it and only blown one belt

Top Bottom