Fresh Motor

IRC

Reaction score
Finished the full rebuild in my 03 VE, hope the improved crank from CT Tech (Japan style bearing) lives up to the hype of being significantly stronger. While I was in there had the case line bored as well, new pistons/rings, one cyl, wrist pin bearing.

I have an older reed cage from Boyseen a #63 Rad Valve, one pedal was starting to de laminate on the corner. had a one hell of a time finding the correct replacement. Finally have a set coming from the manufacture should be here early next week.

Now if we could just get some fresh snow on the island, 10 degrees and rain is not a happy combination for what started as a great base :(

PullThePin

Reaction score
I have an 03 VE as well. Lets just say I have lost a lot of knuckle skin with it. Great sled none the less. My crank update was done by SLP. Had the same problem with the Boyesen valve as well

IRC

Reaction score
How many season do you have the new crank. My was original with 3000ish miles and 6 seasons on it. So from all acounts I have one of the "good" ones. I have to do a top end last year when one of the Guillotines let go. Looking forward to riding, not wrenching this year

Jim

PullThePin

Reaction score
Me as well. had a leaky base gasket, and blew a water pump belt last year. I honed the cyls, two pistys, ready to go. Crank has held up good for the last 1000 miles.

Top Bottom