Freeride suspension setup

fountaintirexp

Reaction score
Website
www.fountaintire.com
Just brought my 12 freeride 154 home. Wondering what guys are doing with the front/rear susp setup to get things close before i head out? I weigh 250, and ride really hard, fast on the trail, try to hit all the jumps i can. I've never had shocks like this so opinions would be great. Also where are you setting the coupler blocks, i've read that the higher settings can cause trenching.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still working on mine. I have been pretty happy where it is. I went to adjust the front. The top I turned three clicks and now they are on the hardest setting. The bottom was already at the hardest setting. The spring nuts are close the middle. The back I dont know where it is set as it has been good, but will find out soon. The one thing I do have to do before the first ride is tighten up my strap. The front end comes up pretty easy and it pushes way too much in the corners. Same sled, I weigh the same and looks like ride the same.

fountaintirexp

Reaction score
Website
www.fountaintire.com
kind of thought i would leave the limiter out more only because i like to pull the skis up over the bigger bumps and it makes jumping easier, not a big climber anyway. I did buy the adjustable limiter for my 08 and never put it in, just don't want to take apart a brand new skid.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The engine has alot of jam and should have no trouble lifting up while full throttle. Mine will lift up at half throttle.

jaysrippen

Reaction score
I also have a used 2012 Freeride 154", can you tell me what the factory suspension clicker settings are?? all 4 shocks. I cant find these settings anywhere?? thaks, Jason

Top Bottom