Freeride or Summit what should a guy buy?

xmsummit154

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering what a guy should buy now that the freeride and the summit have the XM? My thoughts are kinda wondering why wouldn't you buy the freeride?? Not that much difference in price for the better shocks and stronger chasis?? Thoughts?

dmac101

Reaction score
weights is the big difference summit = 454 while freeride =485 big difference in weight. freeride can stand up to jumps better if just playing in snow, climbing

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The shocks are night and day. If you ditch bang at all the Freeride is sweet. If you live in Revelstoke you will not notice the shocks but will notice the weight and wider ski stance.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally plan on never buying a Freeride but simply buying good shocks for my Summit. The $2k difference is the price of good shocks.

All bets are off if i like the colour of the 2015 Freeride though!!!!

pooch

Reaction score
the freeride shocks are night and day. i never could ride my 13XM like i can the 14 freeride. sooooo much more stable on the trail and the fields/ ditch. and once your in the mountain, just take off the sway bar and its almost as easy to ride as the XM with 36" front end. it side hills just fine.
ya it is a bit fatter but not that bad.

i would have like to try a Summit with high end shocks to see if that helped with the instability , but your going to end up paying the same price or more for just shocks. but i guess they will be valved for your weight/ ridding style.

theres always ups and downs lol

Last edited:

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a freeride, this is my second one, I chose it because I am a big guy and like the wide running boards, I also like the wider front end a little more stable, not interested in being the big dog on the hill so does me just fine.

Top Bottom