free case of beer!!!!!!!!!!!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one of our old beds had kind of a similar issue, it turned out to be a bad bearing in the steering box. would bind up bad and was difficult to steer one way, but wouldn't do it with the front lifted.

that's all I got....but I know how you must be frustrated. changing out parts worth thousands to chase a problem to no avail....it sucks.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one of our old beds had kind of a similar issue, it turned out to be a bad bearing in the steering box. would bind up bad and was difficult to steer one way, but wouldn't do it with the front lifted.

that's all I got....but I know how you must be frustrated. changing out parts worth thousands to chase a problem to no avail....it sucks.

we changed axles still same issue have the main box ripped apart now and checking. i am a little concerned about the amount of effort to turn the worm screw. but that would'nt cause my issue as it is the pressure side of the system that is jamming. the worm is on the input side of the system so it would just make a hard to turn steering wheel. not a jamming box causing the pressure relief to go off.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your finding problems in the steering box,i'd send it to hydra steer to be bench tested,least then you know if it's ok,very cheap to get bench tested.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your finding problems in the steering box,i'd send it to hydra steer to be bench tested,least then you know if it's ok,very cheap to get bench tested.

yeh we had all the guys at hydra steer stumpered to.

but update we think we found the problem. i bypassed the cooler and gave it a try. turns with 1 finger stop to stop. wierd that it wouldn't blow off the cooler hose as they are only held on with a hose clamp. but our top mech. in quebec said he had the same type of issue before. it ended up that the pump was actually starving for oil not over pressuring. still caused a heating issue somehow but system was actually under vacumn not press. we get the new cooler on thursday and i will update as to what we find. :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeh we had all the guys at hydra steer stumpered to.

but update we think we found the problem. i bypassed the cooler and gave it a try. turns with 1 finger stop to stop. wierd that it wouldn't blow off the cooler hose as they are only held on with a hose clamp. but our top mech. in quebec said he had the same type of issue before. it ended up that the pump was actually starving for oil not over pressuring. still caused a heating issue somehow but system was actually under vacumn not press. we get the new cooler on thursday and i will update as to what we find. :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

that's what I've been trying to tell you all along:d:d:d

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's the muffler bearings just behinde the flux capacitor.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry guys forgot about this one. yes. the issue is solved. was the cooler. replaced i unit works great. so far customer has not called back yet anyways.:confused:
however after customer picked the unit up we cut open the cooler. only to find fug all. so really have no idea what was causing the issue. changed the cooler and all was good. but there was no blockage inside the cooler.:confused::confused::confused: would be nice to know what it was rather than just heh it works good to go.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
sorry guys forgot about this one. yes. the issue is solved. was the cooler. replaced i unit works great. so far customer has not called back yet anyways.:confused:
however after customer picked the unit up we cut open the cooler. only to find fug all. so really have no idea what was causing the issue. changed the cooler and all was good. but there was no blockage inside the cooler.:confused::confused::confused: would be nice to know what it was rather than just heh it works good to go.

and the case of beer goes to......just asking

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went to my guys in the shop for having to put up with me whil we were trying to figure it out. i didn't read anyone saying check the cooler in the previous posts.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
went to my guys in the shop for having to put up with me whil we were trying to figure it out. i didn't read anyone saying check the cooler in the previous posts.

atta boy.....I was just asking

and as you say I don't recall anybody mentioning the cooler but someone will come up with "I thought I said...."....have a beer a two yourself, cheers

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Its just a tube and fin cooler correct? Could have removed the blockage while cutting?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its just a tube and fin cooler correct? Could have removed the blockage while cutting?

ya your right tube and fins. cut it off at the bends at the end and nobody was home inside:confused::confused:

Top Bottom