Frankensled dot com

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
image.jpg So I had to walk off the mtn last Wednesday. Light on my head with two free hands sure came in handy. Then when I grabbed my wife and got her to ride my dead sled out as I pulled her in the dark. Frankensled flash light on her head sure was awesome. She could see where to go and we had no issues. Frankensled.com. Enter krazycanadian into promo code area for free shipping. Everyone needs one of these. Great for stacking wood at nite too. I've found a dozen great uses already.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup I will second this. I sled with randy and he is a really good guy. With the lightweight hood I picked up from menz toys it left me headlight less. This flashlight puts out a lot of light for a long distance. Recharging is a breeze. Great for loading up at dust or night time for the late night adventures. I keep mine in the truck and use it when I am not even sledding. Plus side is it uses a go pro mount, used mine last Saturday to get out off the mountain.

image.jpg

image.jpg

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One on either side of your helmet makes for awesome summer time single track riding in the dark too!

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have not used it sledding but the light I'd bright. I picked up a second battery
very impressed with it out side at night

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you have to buy a Go Pro base separately?

Edit, i think I can see a base in the photo, Nvm....

Code doesn't work.....

• Coupon code " krazycanadian" is not valid.

Last edited:

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you have to buy a Go Pro base separately?

Edit, i think I can see a base in the photo, Nvm....

Code doesn't work.....

Yes, Highfly there is a base included in the kit. I just got mine a couple days ago with a spare battery. Was gonna install a light in my carbon fiber hood, but decided it was to pretty to cut or drill :). One thing though the arm between the light and base that is shown in the pics I've seen of the light are not in the kit, I guess you are supposed to use the one off your go-pro.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, Highfly there is a base included in the kit. I just got mine a couple days ago with a spare battery. Was gonna install a light in my carbon fiber hood, but decided it was to pretty to cut or drill :). One thing though the arm between the light and base that is shown in the pics I've seen of the light are not in the kit, I guess you are supposed to use the one off your go-pro.

Thx Frock.

That's not cool. If they show it it should be included....

So what can you mount to with the supplied mounts? ...
Edit

So this one is not included? Right above the USB cable.

light mount.jpg

Last edited:

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine didn't contain the arm that is shown in your pic Highfly. Perhaps it was just an oversight. I've e-mailed Randy to find out and will post back here once I hear from him. It is still possible to mount the light to the go-pro mount, it just sits very low.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So everything you need is included in the kit. I'm am sure it was just a oversight when packaging frock. Nice thing about the mounts is if you have go pro mounts on your sled you could utilize those as well vs a helmet.

lumes is 850 on high setting with a pretty wide angle of light.

there is three light settings

cost is about 150 if I recall.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the reply I just got from Randy.

Hi Shane, We are constantly updating our kits, and parts are evolving almost monthly. In the update, you would have received a short base instead of the tall one. In talking to our pro's, they continuously ask for the lower base as people are getting branches stuck between
the light and the helmet. Your kit would have the lower base in it.
Now that being said, it you should choose, Gopro accessories are compatible so you could run with the higher base.

Does this help you out?

Randy

So that explains the low mount in my kit :). It works for my helmet mount. I also have a go-pro mount on my speedo with the low windshield, unfortunately the low mount is to low for this so I will just get an arm from go-pro and all will be well.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great info thank you both.

I run a Drift and that is why I was asking if the flashlight has it's own mounting hardware as I would rather not have to go out and buy GoPro items to use it.

Just have to figure out the free shipping code now that was offered......

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great info thank you both.

I run a Drift and that is why I was asking if the flashlight has it's own mounting hardware as I would rather not have to go out and buy GoPro items to use it.

Just have to figure out the free shipping code now that was offered......

Give randy a call, he may be able to work something out for you. I know I run a drift as well and noted it would be nice to have a drift mounted light.

Top Bottom