frame mod

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IIRC I thought I saw some pictures of someone that used 1.5x3in rectangular tubing stuffed inside the stock frame, then flat plate welded at either ends.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
outymod1.jpg

outymod6.jpg

outymod7.jpg

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the new ham's have this done, or has engineering failed to rectify the problem?

Cause I would LOVE to pick up a new ham at the end of the year and would be disappointed if I had to strengthen everything up.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New ones are the same. That said, I DON'T have a frame mod on my 07 and it's fine. I ride the hell outta it. I have skidplates though, which will prevent a dent in the frame, thereby preventing a weak spot.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard that most issues were cause by hitting large objects with the front tires and twisting the frame because of where the lower control arms bolt to.

Reaction score
Hey guys. Now my 2006 400Xt has a few dents in the frame and I'm starting to get a little worried about the frame. I by no means know what i might be talking about here but will this help with the frame? Take some flat bar of decent thickness and welding it to the bottom of the frame. Am I out to lunch here or could this actually do the job and give some support to the frame from further dents and bending? With the dents in the frame already, I'm thinking that I cant do the insert as shown at the beginning of the post. Thanks for any advise that you may lend here. Ash:beer:

Top Bottom