Fox Shocks

Boosted 800

Reaction score
Running Fox Evos on my 2012 Pro, what are some of you guys running for air pressure in the front shocks in both chambers as well as the rear track shock? Not sure what the problem is with the rear track shock if there is a problem but when I push down on the rear bumper it stays there, it don't bottom out though but sits low in the back.

chad_xp

Reaction score
I have t5he evol in the rear and i was wondering the same thing, I am running 135ish in the main and 175 in the evol. Ive seen some other aftermarket shocks on sleds and some do sit down a bit, and i think depending the setup you want to be down a bit to allow more range of travel maybe? Im not sure tho

Boosted 800

Reaction score
I'm going to add more air to the rear track shock and see what happens, right now I'm at 125 in the main but can't remember what the Evol chamber is at.

Marmot MB

Reaction score
I had this exact same problem, not a evo shock but a 08 FOX. Last time I set the rear un weighted to 125 PSI when I set it down it was at 150 ish. Rode for 4 days with it like that and then it sat for a week, It seemed to ride fine, whoops fast or slow didn't bottom out, rear was pretty controlle, just felt it settle too easy and sunk a bit too easy.

I just checked it today, was still at 120 PSI.

Bought a really nice mountain bike pump with gauge at Western Cycle for $48. gauge goes to 300 PSI (factory FOX ones only go to 150 PSI) I set it to 150 PSI un weighted. not sure what it is at weighted. will check later when the track is flat on ground after riding.

Back end sits up higher now for sure, doesn't settle as far when I put it on ground and when I press down on it it pops back up a bit now.

Hoping to ride tomorrow to see how it is in real use.

Last edited:

jockdoc

Reaction score
On my 2014 T-Pro, I have Burandt Edition Float 3 Evol Rs front and back.

My set up for 200 lbs rider weight (including avi pack, gear etc.):
Front Ski Shock: 80 Main chamber, 165 Evol
Rear Shock: 120 main chamber, 180 Evol
Center Shock: 60

Its sweet. Maybe a bit aggressive, but I like the way it absorbs chop and yet is plush in the initial part of the stroke.

Top Bottom