Fox Floats that Hold No Air

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was sure there was a thread about places in Calgary to get Fox Floats rebuilt but after 30 seconds of unsuccessful searching :rolleyes: I will just ask the question.
Does anyone know of an establishment in or around Calgary that is familiar with rebuilding these shocks? As it seems my front shock in my skid doesn't want to hold any air at all.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Enzo Racing. Not sure about fox shocks specifically but he is a shock expert, cannot see why not.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was sure there was a thread about places in Calgary to get Fox Floats rebuilt but after 30 seconds of unsuccessful searching :rolleyes: I will just ask the question.
Does anyone know of an establishment in or around Calgary that is familiar with rebuilding these shocks? As it seems my front shock in my skid doesn't want to hold any air at all.

FYI. Just had a set done at cycleworks. Had to rebuild with new seal kits of course. @ $110.00/hr for labor and the seal kits the damage was over $365.00 tax in. Thought that was a little on the heavy side.
I talked to a guy at the edm sled show. Rod @ H2R Dist. (604) 746-3350. you might wanna try him for pricing.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI. Just had a set done at cycleworks. Had to rebuild with new seal kits of course. @ $110.00/hr for labor and the seal kits the damage was over $365.00 tax in. Thought that was a little on the heavy side.
I talked to a guy at the edm sled show. Rod @ H2R Dist. (604) 746-3350. you might wanna try him for pricing.

I'll say that's steep. I only paid about ~$900 for my set of brand new Float Fronts!

mcrc

Reaction score
The air chamber should be lubed and inspected every year or two. You may want to spin the top off and inspect and lube the top o-ring and lube the shaft. Tigten it back up and see if it holds air. It's 20w oil fox sells fancy stuff but any 20 w oil will do.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah My Floats in my skid are less than a year old.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it is under a year old it would be nice to see fox stand behind their product. Less than a year when a guy is spending that kind of cash is unacceptable.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The air chamber should be lubed and inspected every year or two. You may want to spin the top off and inspect and lube the top o-ring and lube the shaft. Tigten it back up and see if it holds air. It's 20w oil fox sells fancy stuff but any 20 w oil will do.

lube the shaft, FTW

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check with the yamaha dealers in town.. the sleds come with them so i think they can be done. if not there not really that bad of a shock to take appart.. i wouldnt do it for someone els. but i have done it on myown. just to check them over. wasnt to bad.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mix up some dish soap and water in a squirt bottle and spray it around the shock when it has some pressure to find the leak. It may be something simple.

Top Bottom