Fox float pump

bru_nel

Reaction score
Anyone ever have to rebuild a fox float air pump? Just trying to get ready for the season and the stupid pump isn't working. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like the o-ring on the gauge is deteriorated, but it felt like it was a hard plastic not a rubber one.
Meanwhile, anyone with a pump live in the airdrie area? I'd like to be ready to ride on a moments notice and would trailer to you for some air.;)

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had to just buy a new one in golden. $60. Then another $689 when I got mad and bought an S-36 kit and got rid of the air shocks. I imagine fox has some sort of rebuild kit for them

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can buy a new pump for $25, don't worry about the rebuild kit just get a new pump.

bru_nel

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. I'll start shopping online for a new pump. Meanwhile I'd still like to borrow a pump and would trailer to someones place just to get some air.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Thanks fellas. I'll start shopping online for a new pump. Meanwhile I'd still like to borrow a pump and would trailer to someones place just to get some air.

You could swing by my place and top it up I am in sage wood

Sent from my iPhone using

bru_nel

Reaction score
Just found some forums that suggested a bicycle shock pump. Think I'll pick one up tomorrow at crappy tire, then return it once I got the 75psi I need. Thanks Medler for the offer. I'll send you a PM if something changes.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just found some forums that suggested a bicycle shock pump. Think I'll pick one up tomorrow at crappy tire, then return it once I got the 75psi I need. Thanks Medler for the offer. I'll send you a PM if something changes.

?? It will cost your more in gas to return the pump and what happens if your pressure drops when riding? Any air shock bike pump will work, so long as the connector is small enough to fit in the shock and the pressure goes to 150 PSI. Hit a bike shop, they should have a couple to choose from.

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why don't you just keep it as a spare?

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you sled is more than a year old you will need to top up the shock pressure every few rides if not every ride.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever have to rebuild a fox float air pump? Just trying to get ready for the season and the stupid pump isn't working. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like the o-ring on the gauge is deteriorated, but it felt like it was a hard plastic not a rubber one.
Meanwhile, anyone with a pump live in the airdrie area? I'd like to be ready to ride on a moments notice and would trailer to you for some air.;)

If you wore out a pump that should be the first sign that these air shox are good for nothing.

whopper809

Reaction score
I was told that a regular bicycle pump work on the shock. And they are usually smaller then the fox pump.

Sent from my iPhone using

Top Bottom