fox float on skid

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been having trouble with the fox float on the skid of my 2011 HCR
It seems to sag down every so often and then comes back after riding for a bit
it is at 150 psi
seems to do this after a jump or rough spot where its a sudden impact to the suspention

then after about 5 minutes of riding it comes back to normal

was thinking of going to a spring over shock so this doesnt happen

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get your rear skid shocks revalved - I recommend the Fox "Burandt Backcountry Upgrade". End of problem, and the sled will ride and transfer better. Nexxtech does it for $360 - a lot cheaper then replacing skid or shocks.

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im thinking cat should maybe flip the bill on this one as its a new sled
I was talking to a service guy today and he didnt know what to say about it other than to get the shock tested
but the problem only seems to exist when you take a hard hit and then seems ti fix itself over the 10 minutes or so

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get your rear skid shocks revalved - I recommend the Fox "Burandt Backcountry Upgrade". End of problem, and the sled will ride and transfer better. Nexxtech does it for $360 - a lot cheaper then replacing skid or shocks.

/\ x2, night and day difference.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even just the extra reservoir makes it rebound better. I got the one from Nextech, a nice piece of work.

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats all good but when you buy something new and for the price of it you shouldnt have to spend more money to fix it
dont get me wrong this sled is awsome but I just think they goofed a bit on the shock and I hoe they will fix the problem
I have talked to a few people and this is definitely a problem

how much is the extra reservoir

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bad....just noticed you have a 2011. It should have the updated 2011 valving!

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might want to search a m1000 174. There was a guy from Red Deer that said he put a coil over on and really improved the suspension on his 09.

gartho

Reaction score
Had the problem on my 09 m8,dealer warrantied it,a year later its happening again.On my 2011 m8 we replaced with a coil over,no trouble at all an u can adjust the spring tension for desired ride. BOOM! The dealer also bought the factory shock from me ,made the change up very affordable

Top Bottom