Four Winns Boats

scully

Reaction score
Looking for info good & bad about these boats. Also any info on Kodiak motors. We are looking at a used boats but know anything about Four Winns or Kodiak motors. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as I know Four Winns makes a nice boat but I have never heard of Kodiak as a brand of motor.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Funship 204, great boat with lots of seating, Storage is more than enough, Lots of drink holders. Very steady in the water, rockin the boat isnt easy to do. Have people walking around while you are driving and you dont notice. Having onboard fresh water with shower head is a bonus.
5liter Merc carbed has lots of power, i bought the boat with a high5 19pitch prop and i have serious thoughts of going to 18 and back up to the 14 3/4

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I've got a 1994 fourwinns vista cabin cruiser....

Fourwinns is a high end boat..... I've also never heard of kodiak motor...mine has an OMC 5.8 cobra..

LOVE my boat

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Four Winns H210 Frenzy edition with a 5.0L EFI. I love that boat, the only complaint I have is that I think that it should be faster !!!! It may have to do with the prop I have, High five 19 pitch.. but it pulls the wife skiing and wakeboarding just fine..:d

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Four Winns H210 Frenzy edition with a 5.0L EFI. I love that boat, the only complaint I have is that I think that it should be faster !!!! It may have to do with the prop I have, High five 19 pitch.. but it pulls the wife skiing and wakeboarding just fine..:d

How fast do you wanna go? Up to 40 in no time, only way to go faster is 21 then try and pull someone out of the water

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How fast do you wanna go? Up to 40 in no time, only way to go faster is 21 then try and pull someone out of the water

I think that it will do about 50mph across the lake wide open, sometimes it would be nice to go a little faster sometimes !!!!! But then I don't think that i would be able to pull out of the hole well either... man the wife would be pizzed:realmad:

I am sure that 50 is fine as a top speed across the water, don't get me wrong I still want to be safe on the water...

tonybalony

Reaction score
FW liberator 201-love it!

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 127

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that it will do about 50mph across the lake wide open, sometimes it would be nice to go a little faster sometimes !!!!! But then I don't think that i would be able to pull out of the hole well either... man the wife would be pizzed:realmad:

I am sure that 50 is fine as a top speed across the water, don't get me wrong I still want to be safe on the water...

This sounds wrong even saying but , why would you wanna go that fast? Cant ski behind that, tubing might just be the one time i would need a shorts change, knee board fug dat. Maybe im just getting old but a nice smooth 30 and im happy otherwise its a calm 25

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score

I got a 21 on my boat ............ haven't had any issues pulling anyone up yet.

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look close 4 winns and the Campion are the same boat. I'm sure the Campion Chase series is the same as the 4 Winns SS series. do some looking. It will be like the Reinel/ BlueWater thing ( Same boat). Kodiak is a Engine popular in River boats that the will mate to a jet pump. Never seen one in a glass boat but I believe it would be possible as it is a marineized engine. usally a high HP 350cu.
Cheers

northguy

Reaction score
I believe Four Winns are built by Genmar, which also build Larson, Glastron and Champion. I have a 2007 Larson 228LXI with a 5.7w/ Bravo-3 duel prop for sale PM me if you are intrested.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I believe Four Winns are built by Genmar, which also build Larson, Glastron and Champion. I have a 2007 Larson 228LXI with a 5.7w/ Bravo-3 duel prop for sale PM me if you are intrested.

Four winns began as Safe-T-Mate in 1962 then was bought by a father and 3 sons in 1975 (the Winns) and in 1976 the products became known as "four-winns". It was then was bought by OMC in 1986....then sold to Genmar group of companies in 2001. Genmar then was bought out by Platinum Equity in early 2010 after the worst 2 years in recreationl boating history... so yes they are a group of companies owned by an equity firm however each individual brand still manufactures thier own boats from the hull up.

the guys who buy the big high end four winns are able to visit the plant in michigan to see progress as the boat is built.

Last edited:

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Four winns began as Safe-T-Mate in 1962 then was bought by a father and 3 sons in 1975 (the Winns) and in 1976 the products became known as "four-winns". It was then was bought by OMC in 1986....then sold to Genmar group of companies in 2001. Genmar then was bought out by Platinum Equity in early 2010 after the worst 2 years in recreationl boating history... so yes they are a group of companies owned by an equity firm however each individual brand still manufactures thier own boats from the hull up.

the guys who buy the big high end four winns are able to visit the plant in michigan to see progress as the boat is built.
A wealth of knowledge..........on point too....Cheers!

mtnluvr

Reaction score
Kodiak is just a marinized chevy usually 5.7 or 350cid and yes they are very common in river boats. They stand up very well to jet pump use so they should be bullet proof with a leg and prop.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 350 kodiak should be pushing around or near 300 hp. As stated they are bullet proof.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look close 4 winns and the Campion are the same boat. I'm sure the Campion Chase series is the same as the 4 Winns SS series. do some looking. It will be like the Reinel/ BlueWater thing ( Same boat). Kodiak is a Engine popular in River boats that the will mate to a jet pump. Never seen one in a glass boat but I believe it would be possible as it is a marineized engine. usally a high HP 350cu.
Cheers

campions are built in bc, and fourwinns are built in cadillac by a parent company that dosent own campion

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you are looking for buy a four winns i am selling my h200 with every option with a 5.0 mpi. just serviced, lots of extras, going to buy a cabin cruiser

pm me if interested

Top Bottom