Fort McMurray 2011/2012

Badnews

Reaction score
Ya any time brotha! I haven't gone for one ride around the Mcmurray area this year yet but do head out to the mountains as much as possible. If that's your thing click on "community" at the top of the page then "Groups". There you will find a group of us that try to hook up to head to the mountains when ever possible.
What are you riding?

mikey1

Reaction score
I am a fairly new the sport and have a 2012 Summit X 800. decided to buy new as I am sick and tired of buying someone else's junk, happened too much with dirt bikes and mtn bikes. Not sure when I will have time to head to the mountains but if you head out for a ride around here give me a call. 780-370-7040

Badnews

Reaction score
FYI ... we might be heading out to the six lakes area this Saturday(28th) let me know if your interested.

mikey1

Reaction score
give me a call when you want to go for a ride, I usually forget to check here. My schedule is mon-fri 7:30-4

Badnews

Reaction score
Went for a ride Tuesday around the Mariana lakes area. Had a great day with about 2 feet of what seemed to be fresh POW! It could of just been that we went down cut lines that had not been ridden yet but over all great day! Mikey , our next time out should be around Feb 11 and 12 and the plan is to head north (six lakes area)

Badnews

Reaction score
Think the plan is to head out Saturday somewhere... Once I get the details I'll send ya a text. We usually leave early morning 8ish and finish aroud 4 or 5

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was riding all day in the Richardson Backcountry with the go pro only to come home and find out it was point down at the sled the whole time. Ruined about 45 minutes of footage of riding in the trees. we lost about a 1ft of snow from the last time I was there.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's some maps I found.

Attachments

• richardsonbackcoutry,lakes.jpg
    richardsonbackcoutry,lakes.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Richardson_Backcountry_Map.jpg
    Richardson_Backcountry_Map.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 148

Badnews

Reaction score
Hey If anyone is headed to Sicamous. BC from Fort Mac and has room for a sled please let me know ASAP. My 2012 summit has been written off after its encounter with the tree and I am planning on putting a carbon fiber chassis on it from C3powersports. Willing to pay $300.00 bucks for gas !
Please pm

Last edited:

Zacs

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
Just a quick note to all the mountain riders located up in Fort McMurray.

Wow, hard to believe but this is our SEVENTH YEAR of teaching avalanche classes in Fort McMurray!
We are returning to teach another full series of classes November 13-18, 2012. Class sessions will take place at the Vista Ridge ski hill this season.

(Avalanche Skills Training) AST Level 1 - 8.5 hr class - $175

OPTION #1 - November 13 from 9:00am to 5:30pm (daytime)
OPTION #2 - November 13 & 14 from 6:00pm to 10:30pm (2 evenings)
OPTION #3 - November 17 from 9:00am to 5:30pm (daytime)

Indoor Rescue Workshop (IRW) - 3 hr class - $50 (free to all those pre-registered for the ORW)
November 16 - 6:30pm - 9:30pm

Outdoor Rescue Workshop (ORW) - 4 hr class - $75

November 18 - 9:00am - 1:00pm
Location Heritage Park

Canadian Avalanche Center Seminar - Avalanche Awareness Evening - 2 hr - FREE
November 15 - 7:00pm - 9:00pm

Please pass this info along by email, Facebook or post on the bulletin board at work. The more trained riders we have out there, the better for all of us!

Top Bottom