Forster

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're down in Invermere and want to ride Forster tomorrow. Anyone know what the conditions are like? Anyone riding tommrro?? TIA

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a foot of fresh snow on sunday, trail was groomed in the afternoon
Is Sun. the only day they groom?? We rode it today but some was pretty rough. We couldn't find a trail that didn't dead end. We went to the end of the trail where it said it was closed and there was a shack with wood in it. Also there was a very steep hill that peeps had been playing on. Is there other trails that take you to open meadows?? Also how far is the Silent Pass trail from Invermere and is the snow any good there?? Is there any other trails that you would recommend right now to ride?? We were thinking of going to Paradise Mine on Sat morning for a half day from Toby Creek -- what do you think about it and do you know about their snow or not. TIA.

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Wally, What's the snow like in Invermere at the moment... some buddies and I might be heading up that way on Saturday
Thanks,
Snow was quite good at the higher elevations. There was maybe 4' at the top of the trail. If there had been a groomer through first it would have been great. Forster was the first trail we road so far.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is Sun. the only day they groom?? We rode it today but some was pretty rough. We couldn't find a trail that didn't dead end. We went to the end of the trail where it said it was closed and there was a shack with wood in it. Also there was a very steep hill that peeps had been playing on. Is there other trails that take you to open meadows?? Also how far is the Silent Pass trail from Invermere and is the snow any good there?? Is there any other trails that you would recommend right now to ride?? We were thinking of going to Paradise Mine on Sat morning for a half day from Toby Creek -- what do you think about it and do you know about their snow or not. TIA.

You need to go another 4 km from the wood shed to get to the meadows. from there things open up. You can ride anywhere is the meadows, and on the lakes just not on the glacier to the left of the cabin.

Silent pass is about an hr north on the hiway to Parsons, then another 1/2 hr to the trail head. Headed that way tomorrow. Ya blue sky!

I'll be up at Paradise with the family on Sat. riding an orange king kat.

It's pretty small, mostly ski terrain but there is some hills to pull and a nice basin to play in. Not alot of snow right now.

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to go another 4 km from the wood shed to get to the meadows. from there things open up. You can ride anywhere is the meadows, and on the lakes just not on the glacier to the left of the cabin.

Silent pass is about an hr north on the hiway to Parsons, then another 1/2 hr to the trail head. Headed that way tomorrow. Ya blue sky!

I'll be up at Paradise with the family on Sat. riding an orange king kat.

It's pretty small, mostly ski terrain but there is some hills to pull and a nice basin to play in. Not a lot of snow right now.
Are you going to Silent tomorrow??? If so what time will you be at the staging area?? Do you want to meet up??
Would you consider taking a couple of visitors up the trail?? TIA.

Top Bottom