Fording Pass yesterday - Pics

sledneck

Reaction score
Tons of fresh snow in the trees, but extremely bottomless. This made for some weird snow conditions and lots of stucks. Didn't go across the chutes, so no report.

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tons of fresh snow in the trees, but extremely bottomless. This made for some weird snow conditions and lots of stucks. Didn't go across the chutes, so no report.

How do you get to that powder??? Do you just stay to your right when leaving Etherington??? Is it up off the Baril Loop?? Was down at Cataract last Sun and found a nice trail on the left side of the road that must be a logging road that went up the mountain for about 20 kms. We had to stop when my old Citation got buried in about 4' of powder. Now I want to go and test out the new 04 RMK 600 and see what it will go through. TIA.

sledneck

Reaction score
How do you get to that powder??? Do you just stay to your right when leaving Etherington??? Is it up off the Baril Loop?? Was down at Cataract last Sun and found a nice trail on the left side of the road that must be a logging road that went up the mountain for about 20 kms. We had to stop when my old Citation got buried in about 4' of powder. Now I want to go and test out the new 04 RMK 600 and see what it will go through. TIA.

Well... that 6hundo should go through alot. you're gunna love it!
It is off the baril loop. at the ''Y'' sign.

trails are rough. 2 small creek crossings and i believe there were also a couple minor hill climbs. nothing major though. across the windswept shale, around mount Bolton, right at T-intersection. (left goes across 3 nasty chutes which brings you to Elkford.

good luck.

Top Bottom