Ford superduty thefts

karbz700

Reaction score
These are the most sought after rigs to rob. As a retailer for remote starters and security systems stats say that these are the most stolen truck out there. Reason being is that ford neglected to install any antitheft on them. Smash the barrel and steal the truck. The added bonus to thiefs targeting us snowmobilers is that not only do they get our trucks but also our sleds and gear. So if u own a superduty be cautious were u park for the evening. Your an easy target for theft.

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Geee, remember the good ol` days when they only stole cars and left us truck guys alone..... My 06` Supery Duty would take 2 seconds to get into it with a flat head screwdriver....

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The older ones are 30 seconds with a screwdriver. But even newer vehicles with the chips in the key are not completly safe, they are getting stolen to :mad:

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As times get tougher I felling things are going to get worse.A person is going to have to bolt and chain everything down.I was watching a show on TV the other night and down in the states they where saying its getting out of control the stealing.Its only a matter of time before things start getting like that up here.:(

J_E_SUMMIT

RIP, Fallen Sledder
Reaction score
Thats why I installed an aftermarkert alarm and imobilizer. The alarm is too sensitive though, as I set it of unloading my sled from my buddy's truck next to it.

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the aftermarkets being sensitive, I have a viper in mine and if I do not turn it off when you open the trailer door it will go off. This I guess is a good thing though!!!!

karbz700

Reaction score
Some 08's do have antitheft. As far as alarms being too sensitive u can turn them down. Probably the cheapest and easiset way to prevent this is the club. They can still get past it but it kills alot of time.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Geee, remember the good ol` days when they only stole cars and left us truck guys alone..... My 06` Supery Duty would take 2 seconds to get into it with a flat head screwdriver....

Or the better good ol' days when you could leave the rifle in the back window with the doors unlocked!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
08 and up Superduties have the Anti theft, all of them. Not an option. In Canada anyways. The IBC (Insurance Bureau of Canada) was involved in this and they cannot come into the country without Antitheft. There that way from the factory.

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 06 and was hit on my driveway (punched the lock) just before xmas. I installed an alarm this Tuesday, went to the oiler gamew on Wednesday and these F-in cowards hit it in the parking lot. We were on our way to Valemount the next day and were leaving right after the game and they got 2 gear bags. They also hit a guys 08 two rows over.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My '08 F350 had the lock punched out a few weeks ago right in my front driveway under a street lamp. Funny thing was, my alarm was on, the light was blinking and they still went after it, either they're really frickin' stupid or just getting real brave. As my alarm went off we heard a car speed off so that means they parked right in front of my house while a person went for the truck, pretty ballsy if you ask me. I am also hearing of stories of a group of thieves (Canada or U.S. cant remember) that set off alarms, wait till the owner comes out, which usually will have the keys, and jack the guy right in his driveway. Man I wish we could legally blow these c*ck suckers away!!!

karbz700

Reaction score
There are a few early months of the 08 year that still dont have. But thankfully after that they did end up making it mandatory.

08 and up Superduties have the Anti theft, all of them. Not an option. In Canada anyways. The IBC (Insurance Bureau of Canada) was involved in this and they cannot come into the country without Antitheft. There that way from the factory.

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
There are a few early months of the 08 year that still dont have. But thankfully after that they did end up making it mandatory.

I hope ur wrong, bought mine Jan 08, I will be at the dealer this week, (turbo system issues) Ill see if mine has it.

ON that note, Anyone has turbo system issues?

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya looks like a guy may be better off downgrading his vehicle. These A-holes really change the way a person can go about his daily routines and what not cause your always gonna be worried about it getting hit.

Top Bottom