Ford or Chev

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
getting a SUV/Crossover within the next 2 week.Won't be new gonna be a used one.We decieded on 1 of the 2 and wanna see what kinda feedback i get on both.Both are the same price,both get about the same gas mileage,if anyone has some info good or bad please let me know.Thanks in advance

First---2007 Chev Equinox AWD,loaded,sunroof,leather,V6 185hp,81,000km

Second --2008 Ford Edge,AWD,loaded,cloth interior,no sunroof,V6 265ph,89,000km

GM has a great warrenty on powertrain 5yrs or 160,000
Ford's warrenty 5yrs or 100,000km

Last edited:

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what you have said the chev looks a better deal loaded with less km and the drive train warranty is better.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what you have said the chev looks a better deal loaded with less km and the drive train warranty is better.

the Edge is loaded i just added that forgot to....The Chev does sound better,but what i'm also looking at is resale value,handling,wind noise,comfort,any issues,pretty much wanting as much info as i can get to make a deciede what is the best move.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the chev and like it never drove the ford edge but it looks good too

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well my wife drives an ford edge and there awesome we have 116000km on it and its been very trouble free so go with the edge i would buy another one :d

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I travel a lot and rent quite a number of cars in a year, I have rented several Edges and one or two Equinox's and I have to say the Edge is way better. I wouldn't think of owning an Equinox, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy an Edge for my family.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My opinion the edge is waaaay more comfortable and dont have the cheesy cheap looking plastic interior my buddies edge is awesome to ride in when we went to city

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the wife decieded to take the Equinox because the Edge we wanted was sold.What i do like is there is only 80,000km,and it has powertrain warrenty until 160,000kms or 5yrs so we still have 2yrs of warrenty left.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Test drove an Equinox, it was just the 4cyl but it had some great getty-up. Shifts where unbeliebably smooth and very quiet.

Would definately recommend.

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
congrats on the chev...
besides fords are like tampons every pussy has one....

ahhhhhhhhh i love that saying:cool:

Top Bottom