Ford f350 10" lift?

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a 2008 f350 6.4 here with about 165k on it and just wondering if it would be worth putting a 10" lift on it? All its kilometers have been all highway and never had any major problems. Anybody know the approximate amount of kilometers on the 6.4 powerstrokes before serious stuff starts to happen like blown engines etc.? Thanks!

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better put your flame suit on if you plan on towing with it,.. also build a savings account when you have to get it towed.

mxracer328

Reaction score
my buddy is putting a 10" fabtech in his next week. '08 crew long, gonna run 40's i say go for it

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It looks neat, kinda like a mini monster truck, but makes the truck completly useless, they dont even mud very well.
A mid 80 chev with 6 inches of lift will kick your but in the bog so why do it?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It looks neat, kinda like a mini monster truck, but makes the truck completly useless, they dont even mud very well.
A mid 80 chev with 6 inches of lift will kick your but in the bog so why do it?

Or a 80 CJ 7 with 33 boggers !

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
build a savings account when you have to get it towed.

That savings account better be BIG for when your differentials, tie rods, etc. start going as they surely will with a 10". You'd have better luck with a 2-4" leveling kit and bigger tires. If you want a bogger buy and old chevy.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i was being polite that would blow him outa the water!!!

Off topic sorry. I saw a stock dodge Dakota, manual,v8 with 31 or 33 bfg mud ta's up in Rainbow lake go threw chit I could not believe. Amazing what wheel spin and light weight will do!

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a 2008 f350 6.4 here with about 165k on it and just wondering if it would be worth putting a 10" lift on it? All its kilometers have been all highway and never had any major problems. Anybody know the approximate amount of kilometers on the 6.4 powerstrokes before serious stuff starts to happen like blown engines etc.? Thanks!

If you want a truck that looks kinda cool (if you like that stuff), ruins your drive train and attracts tire biters...then go for it!! If you want a truck that works well, drives and handles well...then don't do it:d

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that high of lift is just asking for trouble, i say for a street daily driver, 6 MAXIMUM, my bogger only has a 6 with a 3 body lift. cops will be ALL over anything that high.

Last edited:

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

run the serial # with a ford dealer , find out any history you can, have 120km on my 08, never had any problems , running 37 / 38" rubber from new with a
7" lift, should of put on a 8" procomp stage 2 with 40's, just find someone that knows what they are doing right from lift install to tire balancing , truck should be good for 300 plus km, don't listen to the retoric from the ones that don't appreciate it, proper flares / flaps keeps the law off your back and done right does not hurt the look , do it and post pic's :d

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone i think I'm gonna go for it. My buddy has a 05 f350 with a 10" lift and 41" tires and no flaps just flares and hes never gotten pulled over, so cops probably wont be too big of a deal. As for the truck it should have lots of life left, been my dads truck since new and he took good care of it so hopefully it holds up! :d

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
run the serial # with a ford dealer , find out any history you can, have 120km on my 08, never had any problems , running 37 / 38" rubber from new with a
7" lift, should of put on a 8" procomp stage 2 with 40's, just find someone that knows what they are doing right from lift install to tire balancing , truck should be good for 300 plus km, don't listen to the retoric from the ones that don't appreciate it, proper flares / flaps keeps the law off your back and done right does not hurt the look , do it and post pic's :d

SHREK1...not sure what you are referring to, but I build trucks like this for a living - and most people aren't willing to spend the money to do it right (clocking ring on the t-case, dual CV drive shafts, re-fabricated tranny crossmember to allow clearance of front driveshaft, larger brake rotors, stainless braided brake lines, x-over steering...and the list goes on) Buying a 10" FabCrap and bolting it on doesn't mean that the truck is safe and still within geometrical specs. You need to do a lot to a tuck lifted with this much height to make it work safely and properly...and most aren't aware, nor are they willing to spend the $$. At my shop if someone doesn't want to do it right...I don't do it at all.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What exactly are you referring to?

I am referring to people who think that a lifted truck gets you attention from cops.

You wanna know what gets you pulled over? Driving like a douchbag. If anything, cops are more likely to pull over a rig rocket, you know a lift fancy rims and tires on a truck that's beat to ch!t and driven like a idiot.....Funny how they are so easy to spot from a regular truck.

With my 8" lift I drove past the cop station almost EVERYDAY, and never bothered unless I was speeding. And this was a truck with limo tint all the way around. But I guess they are more dumbfounded when they see a truck being driven responsibly.

Yes a lift and bigger tires puts more stress on components but driving like a idiot will do a lot more damage to parts. I have yet to ever have a failure caused by a lift or tires. No doubt it does put more stress on parts, but nothing crazy.

And most people lift their daily driver because they want a nice vehicle that can still tow, daily drive, and if wanted have some fun with it.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am referring to people who think that a lifted truck gets you attention from cops.

You wanna know what gets you pulled over? Driving like a douchbag. If anything, cops are more likely to pull over a rig rocket, you know a lift fancy rims and tires on a truck that's beat to ch!t and driven like a idiot.....Funny how they are so easy to spot from a regular truck.

With my 8" lift I drove past the cop station almost EVERYDAY, and never bothered unless I was speeding. And this was a truck with limo tint all the way around. But I guess they are more dumbfounded when they see a truck being driven responsibly.

Yes a lift and bigger tires puts more stress on components but driving like a idiot will do a lot more damage to parts. I have yet to ever have a failure caused by a lift or tires. No doubt it does put more stress on parts, but nothing crazy.

And most people lift their daily driver because they want a nice vehicle that can still tow, daily drive, and if wanted have some fun with it.

Cyle,

I agree 100%

On a side not...don't drive through downtown Red Deer with a truck with a huge lift...the cops there aren't very forgiving...and, it doesn't matter how you're driving there.

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

got any pics?

Top Bottom