Ford and their warranty

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I take my Dodge to my Dodge dealer the only warranty work was egr valve, cat converter water pump seal in a 170 000km. I drop it off get a ride to work they pick me up if it will be overnight they give me a courtsy vehicle.
I can't understand why ford would question/reject warranty claims unless abuse without reasonable doubt

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the outfit that did your oil change should of come up to the plate on that
guess thats another reason to buy oem parts

agreed, they advertise 15 min warantry approved oil changes.

my sister just got her oil changed on her car at one of these outfits, then drove to work and when she got to work she noticed coolant pouring onto the ground. turns out when they checked the coolant they didnt tighten the cap onto the rad, so it boiled over

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agreed, they advertise 15 min warantry approved oil changes.

my sister just got her oil changed on her car at one of these outfits, then drove to work and when she got to work she noticed coolant pouring onto the ground. turns out when they checked the coolant they didnt tighten the cap onto the rad, so it boiled over

Buddy at work has his car done at one of them, they didn't tighten the oil filter and it came off 10 kms later!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

They stepped up to the plate so that was good, but there is a reason why they have "double" checks on their work before they send you out the door.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy at work has his car done at one of them, they didn't tighten the oil filter and it came off 10 kms later!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

They stepped up to the plate so that was good, but there is a reason why they have "double" checks on their work before they send you out the door.

I know of a certain F-150 that got a new motor, bought by one of these joints when a filter came off.......was expensive for the shop! :eek:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahah....while were talking about this my dad had his oil changed at a quick lube. about 2 mins down the road there was no oil pressure and the low oil light came on. lets just say they forgot to fill er back up!!

i had a friend that worked at one. i guess the " supervisor " comes around and paints the fittings to make sure the correct ones come off. i also notice in the paper their hiring adds say " no mechanical experience required"

rlee

Reaction score
i cant remember what ford dealer this was bt my ffriend has a f350 that is just about off warranty. he blew the transmission. (completely his fault) so he tried to install a used one from a wreckers and ended up messing something up. took it to the dealer and they installed the tranny ( correctly ) and replaced all his injectors and rebuilt his turbo.

he has an exhaust system, programmer, and an intake and they said just take off the programmer and put the stock airbox back on and everything will be warranty. ha!
had issues with ford in Innisfail, wanted to have thruck flagged (needed head gaskets). 6litre ford.
called college ford in LA and had it repaired in less then 48 hrs and no threats.

Top Bottom