For those guys that still don't wear their tether's

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's even worse if you experience something like this in real life. Seen bad chit happen twice from not wearing tether. Not pretty.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was a couple of years ago. The guy came on the forum and showed pics.. Pretty gross.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
b52903.jpg

John Cambell

Reaction score
Same thing happened it me 2 years ago. Sled fell back in me, and throttle stuck slightly spinning the track out on my arms and legs. Fortunately it only ripped my sled pants and jacket a little. It wasn't as bad as this pic. I use a tether now.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am guilty of not using my tether about 10% of the time. Mostly wear it but not always.

big_vernster

Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg My buddies sled in Whistler after ghost riding wide open off a cliff into a rock face, 35 km on the sled.......

mctrailboss

Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder. I am one of the guys that never wear it. I will now. That picture of his back is enough encouragement for me.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank's for the post RGM , every year topics like this need to be re-posted to refresh
our memory's about how fast thing's can go bad.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never used to wear it I think my 09 summit the tether never left the bars. My 2014 summit I wear it a lot more not all the time but a lot more. I put a bigger clip on it so it's easier to put on that way I don't have a good excuse not to wear it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is annoying. But you get use to it. Get a cheap hook from princess auto and put it on the end instead of the key hook that normally comes on.

Then its a breeze with gloves to take off your coat.

Last edited:

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is annoying. But you get use to it. Get a cheap hook from princess auto and put it on the end instead of the key hook that normally comes on.

Then its a breeze with gloves to take off your coat.

Exactly what I was about to say. Small carabiners work great

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I was about to say. Small carabiners work great

We actually use two carabiners, one on the tether cord and one on the ring on our pants, just to make it easier.....can hook and unhook even with mits...

Plus it added just a little extra length so when your moving from side to side you dont pull off the tether....

[Freerider]-

Reaction score
I used the same teather, but had to disconnect it after the rubber became too weak to hold the button down. Anyone else have that same problem? Might have been from popping it off too much.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I used the same teather, but had to disconnect it after the rubber became too weak to hold the button down. Anyone else have that same problem? Might have been from popping it off too much.

Just get a new one (don't need the whole switch, just the tether part), or ram a small screw into the center of it.

Top Bottom