for the VEGA Quaders and Bikers

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've only ever heard of big numbers like 2500 with cars and stuff.

Yeah same here, i've heard of people getting $2500 fines for no vehicle insurance, but not on ATV's. But people are saying thats what it could be but yeah, unheard of to me..experience from myself and plenty of friends, etc the no insurance fine on a dirt bike has been $230.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I don't understand the insurance thing $230 ticket would probably cover you on insurance for the year......I wouldn't want to even think if you hit someone or even injure yourself you could personally be sued for hundreds of thousands if not millions.....pretty cheap insurance

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah exactly, I got basic insurance this year on both of our bikes, and it was like $230 for both bikes for the year. It's just not worth it these days to run without it, cops are crackin down big time. Even though we were fully plated up, had all our doucments with us, they still fined us for riding on the shoulder of the road instead of the ditch, becuse the ditch was too soggy to ride in but ohwell.. it was the long weekend and i'm sure they were crackin down big time everywhere, the forestry cops probably had a lot of pressure on them

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I don't understand the insurance thing $230 ticket would probably cover you on insurance for the year......I wouldn't want to even think if you hit someone or even injure yourself you could personally be sued for hundreds of thousands if not millions.....pretty cheap insurance

And Murm is all about the CHEAP.......

Just sayin....:d:beer:

The $2500 is a legal possibility but RARE... standard fines are $230 & $115.

If you are a douche they can but not sure what it would take... kinda like an impaired on an ATV.... possible YES.... Anyone know anyone first hand????

Hell my buddy fell over in a store took out a candybar rack, forgot to pay for his smokes, was sitting on his quad trying to figure out why it wouldn't start when the cops showed up..... he told them to fugg-off and let him get the quad running so he at least had a chance to try and get away.... off to the tank.... few weeks later catwalking down main street Lamont @ 2:30 am busted off to the tank..... another time cops had to tag the back wheel of his quad & roll him to get him to stop...... NEVER was he charged with impaired... resisting arrest, attempt to flee, assulting a peace officer, no insurance, no registration, indecent exposure..ect..ect..ect... but never impaired.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet they wouldn't hesitate to give you a $2500 fine for no insurance if you ran from them and they caught you..

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$230 noi insurance on OHV, $2875 for motor vehicle on hwy. Not sure if you get the 2875 if your OHV is on a hwy??

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the difference is the on hiway act and the off hiway act. the cop can charge you 25 hunddy if you are on a primary or secondary Hwy period, Most don't which is giving you an education and a (break) The Off hwy act is $230 if caught out in the bush..(crown land).. if you are doing a wheelie through down town you can sport a 2500.. and a tow and a storage. I didn't stop for that one.... many years ago.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you have a ktm you will NEVER get a fine becuase ktm's are just so fast that no cop eatin donuts will be able to get you :d I rode with this guy named steve (x racer that dosent have insurance or registration) one time at bruderhiem and he was roostin the fish cops.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
if you have a ktm you will NEVER get a fine becuase ktm's are just so fast that no cop eatin donuts will be able to get you :d I rode with this guy named steve (x racer that dosent have insurance or registration) one time at bruderhiem and he was roostin the fish cops.

and thats a good example?

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

WOW I guess you are just as cool as your buddy for particiapting in this. GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION.

Way to help keep our ridding areas open

robb

Reaction score

Guess we can add him to the list of people to thank for all the bad publicity OHV's have been getting. How do you think the next guy stopped by that fish cop was treated? I've been riding this area since i was 10 years old and over the past 30 years its gone from having the "fish cops" directing me to the best trails and helping me out of the mud to now being treating like a criminal for the same activity. Maybe if you'd show them a little respect and co-operation their attitude would be a lot different. it's something to think about next time you get get checked. If the seem a little snappy with you it's probably from dealing with idiots like this all day.

robb

Reaction score
Cops,Deputys-Sheriffs- County Fire Officers, and private citizens going to out in full force this weekend, the top of the big sand hill got bulldozed by the county . cant go over the top, Trees pushed down.
Proper Covered Fire Pits only, $big fines for open fires,

and please take your Garbage home,, we pick crap for 2 weeks after this weekend,
heres picture of the big sand hill with trees pushed down at top.

and MAKE sure you have LEGAL Licence plate and Insurance,,.not the plate from your snowmobile.
Improper use of a Plate will get your ATV,dirt bike Hauled away.

Its been raining for 2 days, NOT dry anymore. NOT Tenting weather.!!

I appreciate your efforts Ken in trying to educate,patrol and even cleaning up after the masses in an attempt to keep areas like this open. This sets a great example for the rest of us.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no problem, we ride with a local who has a farm just north west of the creek on the power line, this is his Home, so its like leaving garbage in his back yard .
you wouldnt believe the garbage left there last weekend! terrible.beer bottles everywhere.and 2 full 45 gallon barrels overflowing, someone brought the barrels there Please take em home!

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a big clean up there this weekend

fish cops were everywhere this weekend, if you treat them like crap then you'll get it back double fold. and as for the youngins that thinks its cool to run better hope they never catch you, you'll be the one made an example of!!!! and they don't forget who you are!!

We've gotten to them fairly well up there over the last 20 years, have been hunting up there and have 20 acres up there...where the hiway divides can either go to ferry or up timeau creek is beginning of our property. Almost finished turning it into campground have 13 stalls and group area for now just see how it goes.

Top Bottom