Foothoop

Eastcoastdan

Reaction score
I can't be the only one who has gotten his feet stuck in the foothoops of my sled? With riding boots on it can happen, with ski boots it is really bad.

Anyone fixed this? Cut the hoop off entirely? Trying to decide if it is worth buying these Or if I should risk just cutting it off entirely.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I moved them up on my 12. Cut off on sled side, notched on outside and moved in between the bolts and re welded.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't be the only one who has gotten his feet stuck in the foothoops of my sled? With riding boots on it can happen, with ski boots it is really bad.

Anyone fixed this? Cut the hoop off entirely? Trying to decide if it is worth buying these Or if I should risk just cutting it off entirely.

Foot hoops? your talking right up as close to the front of the boards as possible?
I ride with me feet further back, even when sitting. keeps my size 13 boots from sticking

knocksum

Reaction score
I have seen a few sleds with them cut right out. I was going to do this as well.

palerider57

Reaction score
Ive had a couple of close calls with my boot almost stuck. I like to have something there to hook on to when necessary, so I would not cut right off.I do like that mod kit.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caught my boot in there very first time out. I know it was largely due to my inexperience but holy crap what a dangerous design flaw.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm cheap so I just put 5 or so tyraps from the top of the hoop down to the forward most 'rung' on the sleds running board. Works kinda like that everret boot saver

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wrecked my left knee after getting it stuck in the footwell, my fix was to bolt some 1" thick teflon spacers to the aluminium close off plates. I can still use the loops but just get my toe under it.

Xfmontana

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wrecked my left knee after getting it stuck in the footwell, my fix was to bolt some 1" thick teflon spacers to the aluminium close off plates. I can still use the loops but just get my toe under it.

Have a picture?

Eastcoastdan

Reaction score
I have seen a few sleds with them cut right out. I was going to do this as well.

I've wanted to do this since I first got my ski boot stuck a year or two ago but have been scared it would compromise the structure/strength somehow...

I like the teflon spacer idea, may have to give that a shot. Thick zap straps might be even easier, quick easy and cheap me likey...

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've wanted to do this since I first got my ski boot stuck a year or two ago but have been scared it would compromise the structure/strength somehow...

I like the teflon spacer idea, may have to give that a shot. Thick zap straps might be even easier, quick easy and cheap me likey...

Tyraps are def quick, easy and cheap. The guys I ride with usually make fun of me about it but I think thats mostly cause they ride xms and have nothing else to chirp me about haha.

Make sure to get the black ones they are usually stronger and handle UV better and whatnot. I usually get em from PA

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0220.jpg IMG_0221.jpg [attach=confi

I was wrong in my first post the teflon blocks are only 3/4" thick, if I was to do it again I would use 1" thick pieces. You can see the block behind the screen in the first picture, the second is my wife's 07 600

Attachments

• IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 107
Top Bottom