Foggy goggles screwing you over?

coldsmoke

Reaction score
Still testing this idea out for validation and whether to keep chugging along or shelve it. "Heated/forced air goggle toaster box" to dry and unfog your goggles in the field. Option to mount behind handlebars on the dash or carry in your pack/storage. Runs on rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Hard plastic outer case to protect your eyewear. Battery is two-way and can be used to charge iPhones, GoPro, etc.. in the field. Dries goggles in 10 mins or less for $60 and works with any goggle.

Yeah or nah?

Patened Pending.
006.jpg 010.jpg

coldsmoke

Reaction score
I know the new Ski Doo's have goggle cases behind the dash, but I don't think they have driven air into them. Also, I don't have a new Ski Doo so I'm SOL on that one.

SnowDog

Reaction score
I would buy it for sure!!
YEAH!

Still testing this idea out for validation and whether to keep chugging along or shelve it. "Heated/forced air goggle toaster box" to dry and unfog your goggles in the field. Option to mount behind handlebars on the dash or carry in your pack/storage. Runs on rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Hard plastic outer case to protect your eyewear. Battery is two-way and can be used to charge iPhones, GoPro, etc.. in the field. Dries goggles in 10 mins or less for $60 and works with any goggle.

Yeah or nah?

Patened Pending.
View attachment 174235View attachment 174236

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I dunno I always carry 2 pairs and keep one under the hood. And with cat and do big now having onboard heated goggle spots I don't know it would be bought

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think your biggest market for these will be backcountry users that don't a readily accessible heat source like a sled. I think it's a great idea but a few minutes on my clutch cover does the same thing. You should market it actively to skiers, boarders, snowshoers etc.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I think your biggest market for these will be backcountry users that don't a readily accessible heat source like a sled. I think it's a great idea but a few minutes on my clutch cover does the same thing. You should market it actively to skiers, boarders, snowshoers etc.
I agree. Goggle bag on my proclimb dries them fast.

sledrat403

Reaction score
In my heated under hood google compartment I find that the googles get warm but are still full of warm moist air - the airflow idea with or without the electric heater could be a big improvement?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yup i fully agree. would be great for that.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are other options out there, but I'm pretty sure I would buy one. I have ruined a few goggles while drying under the hood...the Arctic Cat bags do not mount anywhere good on my M1000, although they work great on the M8...right above the exhaust pipe.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd buy one. Don't get disheartened so fast, leave the thread for a couple days and the responses will come. I carry 2 pairs but when one is fogged or iced it'd be nice to dry it just in case. Screwing with goggles is one of the biggest things I'v seen ppeople deal with.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would buy one IF it worked. I have tried a bunch of things that have worked for others but not me.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've tried many things, got pissed off so much at them that now fight all the with them off, but never fog now lol

Just eyes freeze shut lol

Dulley

Reaction score
Looks interesting, at that price point I would buy it, if it works it would be money well spent. I think you would have to keep it away from the snow or you would be putting moist air into the box.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see a compact battery keeping up with an effective heating element. Have you crunched the power numbers?

Top Bottom