Floor Jack Info

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys & gals,

Looking for a good heavy duty, long lasting floor jack. I need low profile as well as high lift.

Ford Edge - wife
F150 - daughter
F350 - mine

what is a good weight to go with? 2.5-3 ton? what are some good brands to look for & where?
Heading to Edmonton next wk & could check some out & pick it up if possible. Only selection up here is Cdn Tire, Napa, Wilter Auto(Bumper to Bumper)

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have otc and never had a problem with it,its just low enough for cars and lifts enough to work on vehicles

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been rocking the Michelin 3 ton jack for about 2 years now. Picked up everything with this thing (even dropped a V6 engine out of the wife's car). If you can pick it up on sale at crappy tire, your looking at about $130, i can deal with buying a new one after a couple years.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the Napa part number 8996420 recently. It's a 3 1/2 ton jack and comes with 2 jack stands. It was on sale for less than $200 so I took it. It's 4 1/8" high closed and fits under any of my cars just fine. I like it.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Use two 3 ton jacks. Think 1 was from Napa & the other Canadian tire. both work well.

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Mark i had recently bought one at Crappy Tire and we have an Edge as well!
I beleive i got it on sale for $99

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Bought the Torin 2.5T blackjack from Costco about a year ago for $100 and loved it until just recently it is now taking a ton of pumps to get it to move. Might just need to top it up with atf.

The Princess Auto floor jacks are actually really good. Had a buddy that used to be a Snap On dealer that swore they lasted longer than the Blue Point ones that cost about 3 times more.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, Im not worried about lifting the Edge or F150. It is the height & wright of my F350 Diesel that I want a good jack & stands for mostly.
I will go check them out next time in Cdn Tire or down in the city at PA

van isle

Reaction score
Its to bad Sears Canada is such a O. As the best one jack fits all is sold by sears in the US its a 4ton low profile hilift jack. The perfect jack for both heavy diesels trucks or your average car with hard to get to jacking points.

4 Ton Lift Service Jack: Heavy-Duty Lifting at Sears

I was in the US last week and they where onsale for 159.00. If i didnt already have 4 floor jacks i would have bought one.

Top Bottom