Floor concepts on enclosed trailers.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK, so new trailer, new ideas....

I was thinking that all the fancy crap, like e-track, superglides and other stuff might be great in the winter, but in the summer, would it be a trip hazard and hard on the feets?
I also want to use this trailer for work, camping, and utility purposes.

One idea was to overlay the floor in the summer, with grooved out 3/4 plywood around all the uneven crap...

E-track is definitely going on the wall perimeter at 24" AFF

Ideas?

Last edited:

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put it on the floor where it belongs, we've had two encloseds with tie downs and e-track in them for sleds and quads, use the trailer all summer as the "guest" house at the lake and put in a queen inflatable,
never an issue with tripping. Only time it ever gets in the way is to sweep, but the pressure washer takes care of all that.
Good luck!

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my trailer is covered in super glides, never had tripping problem just some times they can be slippery to walk on

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
superglides on floor and e-trac down the centers. no other way to do it! tie down anything anywhere. never tripped once. and i used roll on truck bed coating on the floor. seems to be holding up

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's everyone doing for the ramp door flap?

I was thinking of a heavy stainless piano hinge, with superglides. Although it won't sit flat when closed. Any other ideas for that app?

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
superglides on floor and e-trac down the centers. no other way to do it! tie down anything anywhere. never tripped once. and i used roll on truck bed coating on the floor. seems to be holding up
same thing here, and love it. except we had our floor sprayed at the body shop. best thing about the e-trac is sleds being tied down without straps being strung out all over the place, especially when we take 5 sled.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That e-track is good for the front, but I am just using a 2 foot pc. for the superclamp.... that's it.
Flush mount d-rings for the rear with tiedown strap.
I bought a commercial stainless 3/16x3 piano hinge, and put the knuckle down instead of up. The skags won't interfere. It won't fold down flat, but at least it's protected.

I have to get some extrusion j-trim to replace those stupid superglide screws... if you don't hit the glides bang on center, the skags on my simmons skis snag... already tore one screw out.. LOL Pics to follow eventually.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice first post.. I changed my original post because of this. thanks.

Top Bottom