Flooding Problem need help

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my son has an 1994 ford ranger 6" lift 32" tires 4L V6 ...

Was runing great, he decides to change the fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs and wires....

Now then darn thing is flooding....changed the fuel pressure regulator, no change, so we by passed the fuel return line, to make sure it wasnt restrited...no luck...

Am puzzled....any suggestions. would help...injectors maybe?:confused::confused:

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are the sparkplugs the right ones for the truck they might not be burning the fuel?

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my son has an 1994 ford ranger 6" lift 32" tires 4L V6 ...

Was runing great, he decides to change the fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs and wires....

Now then darn thing is flooding....changed the fuel pressure regulator, no change, so we by passed the fuel return line, to make sure it wasnt restrited...no luck...

Am puzzled....any suggestions. would help...injectors maybe?:confused::confused:

okay dont shoot me for asking this cause im hoping he did but ive seen it before did he take the plastic wrap off of air filter he hasnt really done anything else that should affect it unless he unplugged the coil pack to change the right bank of spark plugs

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too would guess the plug wires got mixed up, let us know.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will start, once you remove the plugs and air out all the fuel....and it sounds ok....but is seriously over fueling....then when you shut it off, theres so much unburnt fuel that it wont re start.

Have triple checked the wires, did have the coil pack off several times....plastic is off the filter....lol....tried two different brands of plugs...ordered using an application chart. (not to say the charts cant be wrong, but two diffeerent brands) even but the old plugs back in...

Thanks for the idea's and keep'em coming even if the thought is funny, as it may just be something were over looking...

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will start, once you remove the plugs and air out all the fuel....and it sounds ok....but is seriously over fueling....then when you shut it off, theres so much unburnt fuel that it wont re start.

Have triple checked the wires, did have the coil pack off several times....plastic is off the filter....lol....tried two different brands of plugs...ordered using an application chart. (not to say the charts cant be wrong, but two diffeerent brands) even but the old plugs back in...

Thanks for the idea's and keep'em coming even if the thought is funny, as it may just be something were over looking...

how does it run when it does start

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds fine , dives / responds fine but wow does it go through fuel....you can tell it's running rich......then when we stop the truck (back in the garage) and pull plugs thier dripping in gas.....so much so it wont restart until you clean all 6 plugs and flush the gas out of the cylinders...

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Munhoez

thats why i was askin about fuel pressure, maybe its leaking from one of ur injectors.

Ok I was thinking of the fuel pressure at the pump, as in not having fuel, so where do I install a pressure gauge to test it leaking down has the fuel pressure regulator is attached directly to the fuel rail...? or how do I test / check it?

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Their should b a shrader valve on the fuel rail to tap ur fp gauge onto. Most efi vehicles have this feature. That where i was taught to check for pressure

Pull all ur injectors, while still hooked up to fuel rails. Cycle the fuel pump a couple times to build up pressure. put each injector into a dry, clean mini cup or aerosol(brake clean) can caps. leave it for a while, come back and check to see if ur can caps have fuel in them. My gramps taught me that while fixin beaters on the rez.

Top Bottom