2012 assault 858 problems

colecharliecoop

Reaction score
Okay so my brother has a 2012 assault with a rk tech 858 and for some reason it will not pull full rmps, we have tried everything we can think of and it's still not working right. It will rev up to 7600 rpm and fall on its face.

Here's a list of what we have done

Tps
Fuel mapping (in either lean,or rich)
New updated injectors
Reeds
Pipe sensor
Changed form slp pipe/stock pipe back and fourth
Clutch weights (64-75gram)
Springs
Stator
Flywheel
Fuel filter
Gone completely though the power valves and power valve ports
Spark plug wires and caps

It will run 7600 rpm and then bog completely out to the point it won't hardly move, when the motor bogs out the engine light comes on.
We even brought it in to our local dealer and they gave it back to us saying they couldn't figure it out. We.ride at right about 0-3000 feet I n elevation. Also the motor dose not idle worth a dam. Sometimes the motor Will idle fine and other times it will bog down to one cylinder. We are running a power commander 5 for a tuner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Okay so my brother has a 2012 assault with a rk tech 858 and for some reason it will not pull full rmps, we have tried everything we can think of and it's still not working right. It will rev up to 7600 rpm and fall on its face.

Here's a list of what we have done

Tps
Fuel mapping (in either lean,or rich)
New updated injectors
Reeds
Pipe sensor
Changed form slp pipe/stock pipe back and fourth
Clutch weights (64-75gram)
Springs
Stator
Flywheel
Fuel filter
Gone completely though the power valves and power valve ports
Spark plug wires and caps

It will run 7600 rpm and then bog completely out to the point it won't hardly move, when the motor bogs out the engine light comes on.
We even brought it in to our local dealer and they gave it back to us saying they couldn't figure it out. We.ride at right about 0-3000 feet I n elevation. Also the motor dose not idle worth a dam. Sometimes the motor Will idle fine and other times it will bog down to one cylinder. We are running a power commander 5 for a tuner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Get a hold of RK tech

polarisjunkie

Reaction score
Have you tried unhooking the power commander and running just off your stock ecu? Does it cut out at 7600 even with no load on the engine(track raised in the air)

Top Bottom