Float 32 losing pressure

finndoo

Reaction score
I have a bca float 32 that I purchased new last winter. It had a fully charged canister when I bought it. On my first ride with the new bag it got accidentally inflated, I replaced the o ring and had it recharged. The problem is that it seemed to have lost pressure over the last 10 months. It was good for the remainder of last winter but this winter it has dropped to about 1200. Is it normal for these things to require recharging every few months or is there something else going on. I did put it in water but after an hour I still did not see any bubbles at all, it was really boring, kinda like watching paint dry.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know my snow pulse and lots of others did this and there was a recall. Don't think that should happen I would contact them maybe there's others that have the same issue.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bca had a big recall hmmm probably 6 months ago....was all over S&M and ctv

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That recall was for the cable assembly. Your cylinder should not be losing pressure. You may have nicked the o-ring installing it. I would blow it off, replace the o-ring again, and fill it. Should be testing it once a year anyway. Then keep track of your pressure to see if it does it again.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definetly shouldn't be losing pressure and the bubbles might be too small to see. If you can paint all the joints with soapy water, you might be able to see where it's losing air.
The first snow pulse bottle I had was losing pressure at the gauge.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it isn't the o-ring on the valve, my next guess would be the fill valve not seating correctly. That can happen if whoever fills it isn't shutting off the valve from the supply tank before uncoupling the bottle.

Top Bottom