flap or no flap.... that is the question!

lovinmclovin

Reaction score
Website
www.mclevinindustries.ca
so im new to the whole sledding sport.... racing moto is my primary. anyway, got an 08 rev xp. seen guys with no flap and some with. wondering if it is a huge issue that i already took a zip cut to the flap cause it looked gayer than aids? basically, am i going to fubar my machine by leaving the flap off?
any advice for this newb is much appreciated. thx.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
so im new to the whole sledding sport.... racing moto is my primary. anyway, got an 08 rev xp. seen guys with no flap and some with. wondering if it is a huge issue that i already took a zip cut to the flap cause it looked gayer than aids? basically, am i going to fubar my machine by leaving the flap off?

It's like a water pump in a truck.... overrated, cooling is for puzzies.....

Just keep it in 2' + of powder at all times and you'll be fine...

Rhino Rick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Cut it off for sure!!! Flaps are gay!! You'll be the hero on the trails!! Ask anyone behind you lol. :beer::d:beer:

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I leave mine on because my sled overheats on the trail even with scratchers. It can be a pain in the azz if your stuck. Mairch has one that is removeable. He uses it in the trail then ditches it with his gas can, best of both worlds for him.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
yeah its as important as air is to you. the cooling fins are at the back of the sled and if there is nothing to hold the snow back it will struggle with cooling.
Bogger has a way with the word

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The whole point of the flap is to direct snow back onto the coolers, I havent seen too many guys not running them. PM Maxwell on here, he seems to be the local sled guru and he wasnt running one for a while but just recently saw that he was looking for a new one so not sure.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your sled shoots snow out, deflects off the flap and sticks to the coolers under the tunnel. Also allows your tail light to be more visible for the guy behind you. As much as you want your sled to be a dirtbike I think a flap is better left on but too each his own.

and Welcome to Snow and Mud.

lovinmclovin

Reaction score
Website
www.mclevinindustries.ca
thx for all the help guys... really do appreciate it. as i said, this is a learning curve for me, but i know it will be fun! went to gorman last weekend, not a good idea, had to drive the f350 half way up the mnt to get 1 cm. anyway, i will rivet the flap back on and forget about the looks.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont run one on my 163. never overheated. and no scratchers.

but my buddy with the identical sled overheated last weekend. the only difference is his has large drop brackets so we were looking for a snow flap for him...that being said there was also no snow.

also never ran one on the 151 rev...no issues...or my 01 summit800...or the 02 827..

most guys cut off the bottom 6 inches or so anyways. which makes the remainder of the flap virtually useless.

unless you keep that gayazz stock flap full length i dont think it matters.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"unless you keep that gayazz stock flap full length i dont think it matters."

It does if your the guy behind this sled!

Can be dangerous from flying debris and can be dangerous if there is no flap to keep a leg going into the tunnel!

More reasons than one to keep it.

But what do I know.....I justed posted here to get my games room cash up.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
i like the smell thats for sure... got race fuel
Won't be much of that anymore, will probably sell the Polaris Mod when more snow is on the ground - I will miss the sweet smell of Race Fuel as well.

but my buddy with the identical sled overheated last weekend. the only difference is his has large drop brackets so we were looking for a snow flap for him...that being said there was also no snow.

also never ran one on the 151 rev...no issues...or my 01 summit800...or the 02 827..

most guys cut off the bottom 6 inches or so anyways. which makes the remainder of the flap virtually useless.

WTF - that's a personal decisions, are you really calling me Gay Maxwell???

:) :) :) :) ;)

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Won't be much of that anymore, will probably sell the Polaris Mod when more snow is on the ground - I will miss the sweet smell of Race Fuel as well.

WTF - that's a personal decisions, are you really calling me Gay Maxwell???

:) :) :) :) ;)

Well if you put it that way I agree with Maxwells post................

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your riding deeps snow you can loose it. I dont think a snow flap does anything but protect. The little lip on the back of your tunned it what does it.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if ur worried about flying debris or roost just make sure ur lead dog or sit back,,,probably keep it if uride trails but mountain riding ditch it

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

LMAO i Like the Sig. Maxwell

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com

Attachments

• wetpants11.jpg
    wetpants11.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 251
Top Bottom