Fix kit det

05765scott

Reaction score
2011 rmk with the fix kit, running premium fuel and ethanol plug at approx 850 feet and when ripping on river keep getting det. I realize it means need higher octane fuel but I thought the fix kit was good to run 91 with. Is a det sensor something that goes bad often or does sled need a ECM re flash?

garett87

Reaction score
Which fix kit? What compression head? Weights in the clutch? Bad gas? Could be as simple as your knock sensor not being torqued on properly. I think proper torque is 168 inch/lbs(14 foot/lbs)

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which fix kit? What compression head? Weights in the clutch? Bad gas? Could be as simple as your knock sensor not being torqued on properly. I think proper torque is 168 inch/lbs(14 foot/lbs)

This is important.

05765scott

Reaction score
Fuel filter changed last year, I had same issue last year had to throw some race in it to get it to quit, approx 3000kms on the kit , mountain weights but I am not over reving mtntk kit in it not 100% sure on the head what's the stock head have for compression? Going to change det sensor and torque so I know that it's good just talked to original owner great guy for help says sled has a 12.5 head

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain Weights and riding at 850 ft? ??? You can be over revving quicker than the tach can display. Change your weights to 68 or 70 ' s.

Russell P

Reaction score
Possible combination of issues. Fix it kit plus 12.5 head plus low elevation may be pushing up up to 13.1 or more for compression. Touch base with Chrisco at Parkland motorsports. And for sure swap out your weights.

05765scott

Reaction score
I realize mountain weights would cause over reving issue but sled hasnt hit over "7000rpm, talked to mtntk said to high of compression head for elevation, put octane booster in not much faith in that stuff tho going to try to dump some petro 94 in if that won't work I be buying stock head11.5-1 I believe

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck, also do a search on this problem and see what the common issue is.

(Banging my head against the wall)

Last edited:

garett87

Reaction score
Change your weights to 10-68. Start with the simple stuff. If your running mountain weights at 850ft elevation your gonna have issues. Too light of weights will cause over revving. Your probably only seeing 7000rpm because your hitting your rev limiter faster than the tach can react.

05765scott

Reaction score
I realize the weight issue but I am not hitting the rev limiter, throttle not more then half depressed all day today , I ran it up and down the river never hit det once only thing I changed was decided to try some octane booster from crappy tire and bought some 108 to dump in if octane booster didn't work. sled never had a issue after booster installed

Luvinit

Reaction score
The 2011,s were lean in the midrange, your fix kit and head might be making it worse, I put an slp pipe and power commander on mine and noticed on the 2011 map the only thing it does is add fuel in the 5500 - 7000 range.I,ve had no det issues, might want to consider a fuel controller.

straightshooter

Reaction score
It's 100% the head put the factory head back on and your issues will disappear. on my t-pro I have the 12 to 1 head and still have 130 pounds of compression with a mtntk fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
******Could be as simple as your knock sensor not being torqued on properly. I think proper torque is 168 inch/lbs(14 foot/lbs)******

seriously look at this.., had the same issue on my old dragon, mixed race etc, still hit the DET.., was the sensor tightness as mentioned above!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I realize mountain weights would cause over reving issue but sled hasnt hit over "7000rpm, talked to mtntk said to high of compression head for elevation, put octane booster in not much faith in that stuff tho going to try to dump some petro 94 in if that won't work I be buying stock head11.5-1 I believe
It's already been said but stay away from Petro 94, stay away from Petro all together when it comes to sleds. The only pump fuel you should be putting in there is Shell V-Power 91. It's the only one out there that doesn't use ethanol to boost the octane rating of the fuel.

Top Bottom