fix it questions Summit 2001 rotax 800 and 2001 700

mowsnow

Reaction score
I have two sleds... that i wish to problem shoot
Summit 800...
under revs. i get 6750 rpms. this sucks. also i wish to lighten it up and give it some juice. i want to modify the exhaust. what should i look in to. also, the sled had nitrous when i bought it. can any one tell me about this?

Summit 700 Broken a arm. it looks like the steering arm and other stabilizers are bent also. can i bend these back? is the 800 exhaust upgrade compatible? where can i buy a new a arm short of dealing with a shitty shop?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have two sleds... that i wish to problem shoot
Summit 800...
under revs. i get 6750 rpms. this sucks. also i wish to lighten it up and give it some juice. i want to modify the exhaust. what should i look in to. also, the sled had nitrous when i bought it. can any one tell me about this?

Summit 700 Broken a arm. it looks like the steering arm and other stabilizers are bent also. can i bend these back? is the 800 exhaust upgrade compatible? where can i buy a new a arm short of dealing with a shitty shop?

Because the sled had nitrous on it when you bought it that is probably why it won't rev up, the clutch probably has some big weight in it for when you hit the NOS button. You cannot clutch a sled with nitrous like a stock sled. If the nitrous has been removed, take some weight out of the arms in the primary clutch.

for the second sled, just buy a new steering arm IMO. Steering is not something you want to monkey with, if you straighten the arm and fatigue the metal, then there is a chance it could break. Not something you really want to have happen at 50 mph on the trail. Steering and brakes are not the places to go cheap on IMO.

Top Bottom