First Trip

Broner

Reaction score
Hi everybody, making my first trip to Valemount next Wed, How are the snow condition's. Where is a good spot to stay?? Coming in from Ontario for 5 days hope to spend most of it on the sled.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow conditions are great right now. I don't think any 2'+ dumps have really occured but a steady snowfal for over a week now on and off. Good time to come, avy's (although always a risk) are less frequent (avalanche.ca).
I like to stay at the Best Western which is always a sure bet but thats not the only worthy establishment by any means.
Have fun!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Best Western is good,everyone sits in the lobby around a fireplace to tell the stories of the day and have a few drinks.
Fairly secure parking as well!
catmando!

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope you have reservations for a place, Best Western theres allot of motels there but they may be full its a holiday weekend for Alberta

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watch out for everest8 and his bud leaving hornepayne on wed also-bound for Blue River which is 90k past Valemount. Ford kingranch pulling small trailer with a 08 everest and a 08 apex.

Broner

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, best west full for sat/sun, Found room at canadian lodge??, Hope to meet some of you guys & gals next week. Riding 08/09 rev,154. If you see someone stuck deep you can bet it will be me. Dam Neebies!!

Looking forward to the experience!!!!

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might see you up there. we are heading up friday to ride saturday, sunday. look for the group of 4 polaris's

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best Western is good,everyone sits in the lobby around a fireplace to tell the stories of the day and have a few drinks.
Fairly secure parking as well!
catmando!

And you can ride down the waterslide in the garbage can although the flagstone in the lobby wreaks havok with the steering when you are ottoman lugeing down the hallways.

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Sudbury! Are you on? I'm leaving wed. am from Hornepayne- 61 miles north of White River. Give me info on your hauler and trailer and maybee we can hook up. I'm going to Blue River.

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm Driving a black Ford King Ranch 4x4 crew cab and pulling a double wide trailer with 2 blue shrink wrapped sleds.

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will check in tomorrow as I have to go to work at 4 am. Maybee sometime around 3. Tell me what you are driving so we can watch for each other and make sure we get to some real snow!

Broner

Reaction score
Everest8, I am flying out of TO on Wed morning to edmonton, be sledding Thurs, Fri in VALE and possibly Blue SAT< SUN depending on weather.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey boner, ha jj! Serious note tho, ur the first person on here ive seen from scuzbury on here. I went to high school just outside of there in chelmsford. If this is ur first ride in the mountains ur gonna love it, awhole different kinda animal from the drags,lakes and rivers from out east. Have a good trip:beer::beer::beer:

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And you can ride down the waterslide in the garbage can although the flagstone in the lobby wreaks havok with the steering when you are ottoman lugeing down the hallways.

HA HA HA, too much booze = good times. The cops didn't even kick us out, just suggested that we perhaps settle down a little. :d:d:d:beer::beer::beer:

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flying O.K. You can still wave to us as you go by! Enjoy your trip. One thing you will really like is that every time you stop other rider's will stop to see if your o.k. In Ontario you could be carring a gas can and most will just go right by. Climine and Milladge are nice areas that I've been too.

Top Bottom