First Trip to Valemount

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well im actually pretty excited im going to be riding in the mountains for the first time ever, and ive been riding sleds for 3 years...Gonna be in Vale on the 14th and 15th for a couple days :):):)

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well im actually pretty excited im going to be riding in the mountains for the first time ever, and ive been riding sleds for 3 years...Gonna be in Vale on the 14th and 15th for a couple days :):):)

Have fun. Valemount is a great place to start mountain riding as it is right in the heart of it all with close to 10 groomed riding areas between Blue River, McBride and Valemount. Several of them are quick rides to the alpine and have some great terrain for first time riders (Lucille and Allen Creek come to mind). Be careful though, you may become another mountain riding junkie willing to do anything to ride the elusive steep and deep.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Make sure you got avalanche gear and know how to use it.... Be carefull out there and ride with someone who knows the area and has experience. I've been going since 1982 and you will get hooked....:)

:beer::beer::beer:

1981 blizzard 5500 in Valemount (Allen creek)

Attachments

• 204744_212983662045449_100000014504036_878196_1191033_o.jpg
    204744_212983662045449_100000014504036_878196_1191033_o.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 196

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do have all my gear, just a normal backpack not a float one (yet) but will be getting one im sure, dont have the training as of yet, but it is high on my list of things to do for next year, and i will be riding with people that know the area.

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you live in grande cache and never rode the mountains ?:beer:

yeah thats correct...never crossed into BC to ride, if i cant find people to ride with i wont go, wont ride alone, and i just got my gear this year as well..

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you got avalanche gear and know how to use it.... Be carefull out there and ride with someone who knows the area and has experience. I've been going since 1982 and you will get hooked....:)

is that the first cutblock up allan creek? never seen any poplar trees in the alpine haha :d:beer:

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
is that the first cutblock up allan creek? never seen any poplar trees in the alpine haha :d:beer:

As a matter of fact, yes....just sitting waiting for the guys with their old everests and SS yamahas at the point where the trail turns and heads up at about the 3 km mark..... This was my first time there and I had already been stuck big time....;)

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure u don't ride by yourself and watch out if it's a hassy day because u won't see any contours. I was at the chappel in blue river last year when the guy jumped of the end of the world and this was his first ride in the mountain . This drop of was 550ft he was ok but he was a little pale after this happened and the cost to get the sled out was not cheap. I really hope u enjoy the ride and i'm sure u will but don't push to hard and if u don't feel good going into a area were your friends are going say no. I was up in the mountains for 2yrs and thought I was prudy good and I had a chance to ride with some real extreme riders and I was humbled but at the same time I lernt so much I believe it made me a better rider but i"m still not even close to these guys but they did't put me in bad area's where I could hurt myself. .So please be carfull and have a good time because mountain riding is a different world than praire ridering and the hospital is a long waise away.
Barry

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good choice on the Blizzard 5500. If it was a 9500 you would need 3 drive belts looped over the steering column just to get to the alpine. Lol. Those were the days......;)

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure u don't ride by yourself and watch out if it's a hassy day because u won't see any contours. I was at the chappel in blue river last year when the guy jumped of the end of the world and this was his first ride in the mountain . This drop of was 550ft he was ok but he was a little pale after this happened and the cost to get the sled out was not cheap. I really hope u enjoy the ride and i'm sure u will but don't push to hard and if u don't feel good going into a area were your friends are going say no. I was up in the mountains for 2yrs and thought I was prudy good and I had a chance to ride with some real extreme riders and I was humbled but at the same time I lernt so much I believe it made me a better rider but i"m still not even close to these guys but they did't put me in bad area's where I could hurt myself. .So please be carfull and have a good time because mountain riding is a different world than praire ridering and the hospital is a long waise away.
Barry

oh you dont have to worry bout me riding by myself, never do, and definitely wont in a new area. Which i do believe will be Allen Creek. One of the guys im going with knows the area pretty good, and also knows that i have never rode in this type of terrain, and im pretty careful not to do anything if i dont feel as tho its safe. Oh and i do plan on having a good time, no matter how many times i get stuck lol

Top Bottom