first ride on the 800 update and it is AWSOME !

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I just got back from Revy and picked up my new Left over 09 D8 163 from a dealer in Mara BC and rode her Friday and Saturday Nov 27-28. After all the negative info i have been reading about the update i thought it time to share my positive experience with the updated 800. the sled was in a crate 4 days ago and I broke it in Friday under BLUE SKY's On Boulder. It ran amazing and pulls VERY HARD. I came off a 08 700 155 RMK, this 8 is a BIG step up from the power of the 700 and i LOVED the 7 for boondocking and the D8 does it all, just a whole lot better, even with the big track. I added one pint of Blue oil to the first tank of Premium and it started, ran and pulled hard all day with out any bog or hesitation at all. It started on the second pull when it was cold in the morning and the first pull every time when it was hot. I put 65 miles on it breaking trail all day in a foot of fresh and made it down to the truck on fumes at 5pm. The sled is stock except for a MBRP can and I geard down the bottom gear. I ride with a M1000 and the Dragon was dead even as far as power is concerned and we traded off to get a good feel for each sled. Overall I am VERY HAPPY with this sled and based on my machine i would have to say Polaris has got it right and can hardly wait to get it out again. PS: for anyone looking to take a little more gear with you and feel the under seat bag is too small, have a look at the under seat bag for a 121" short track IQ. It is basically a standard underseat bag with a compartment attached at the back and fits neatly up against the gas rack. the dealer in Mara cannot keep em on the shelve........ the only bad thing is you cannot get it in black ..........YET. (see pics below)

Attachments

• DRAGON  ONE.jpg
    DRAGON ONE.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 50
  • DRAGON TWO.jpg
    DRAGON TWO.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 42
  • DRAGON  THREE.jpg
    DRAGON THREE.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 46
  • DRAGON FOUR.jpg
    DRAGON FOUR.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 47
  • DRAGON SIX.jpg
    DRAGON SIX.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4869.jpg
    IMG_4869.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 46

Jenkie

Reaction score
Nice pics - wish I would have seen this (underseat bag) before I bought the tunnel bag last week for extra storage

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awsome....My updated Dragon is running great also.........put a camo extreme on and get rid of the stock track and you will notice even more of a difference....

shakey

Reaction score
great pics got a 1000 miles on mine ,awesome sled ,,all on original engine ,now lookin forward to see if the updated top end will work as well // just wondering what gears you change to

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the switchback bag is even bigger, and skinz makes replical bags as well in all black

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have put 400km on since the update, and my 800 is running really good. Especially with the SLP pipe.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heading to mcbride tomorrow,riding with 3 2010 poos my 09 seems old!!!!!

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ran good 2 full days pulled good rpm but has the mid-range stumble.anyone else?
will pull through it but sure is a pain on the trail.held it once,let it stumble and check engine light flashed.calling dealer tomorrow.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great pics got a 1000 miles on mine ,awesome sled ,,all on original engine ,now lookin forward to see if the updated top end will work as well // just wondering what gears you change to

I changed the bottom gear to a 42 tooth and supposedly holds peak RPM better when climbing. It deffinatly has a TON of bottom and midrange torque.

T-BO

Reaction score
My dragon and several others around here with the 2010 updates have blown.

I'm sitting here looking at gobs of fresh snow on the ground and even more falling as we speak. Words cannot describe my anger.:mad:

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what is happening to the updated 800's? have 150 miles on mine,pulls good just mid range stumble

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what is happening to the updated 800's? have 150 miles on mine,pulls good just mid range stumble

you don't have the exhaust valve hoses plugged do you? i have read that guys that do that are experiencing a mid range stumble or bog.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no not plugged off.held it at the stumble and the check engine light came on.should be a code set now so will have dealer download it to find out what the hell.

polar sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Frist run out with mine seems ok , pulls hard and climbs fast notiable difference , heading to gt this weekend , before our trip to valemont to open it up in the hills , but so far it seems ok other than the pinon for the starter sheared a bolt off and now i gotta pull start it , but cw said bring it back after the hoildays and they would push threw on warrenty , Thanks

Top Bottom