First Ride on my new Pro!! in April

viper0287

Reaction score
I just swtiched from my 2009 Summit X to a 2012 Pro...

Good and bad as with any sled but mostly good ....

I do like the set up and dont miss the extra hp like I thought I would and can tell that will be more fun to play with .....:)

It does have an annoying whining sound coming from the brake when you get on the throttle....is that normal for the Pro??

Attachments

• Pro Ride 007.jpg
    Pro Ride 007.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 554
  • Pro Ride 009.jpg
    Pro Ride 009.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 564
Last edited:

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like you got more snow there than we had all season, shoulda came down there and went ripping this weekend

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some noise is normal but, if you take your brake lever off and grind off 1-2 mm where it contacts brake plunger on the lever you get two benefits. The whining isn't as bad and you can actually engage your park brake easier.
Have fun with your new sled. Oh ya!! It looks good too.

viper0287

Reaction score
Thanks, ya I might do that

I read in the manual today that due to the large holes in the brake rotor you will hear a whining noise as you spool up..........a little annoying but I will get used to it....

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and dont miss the extra hp..... now thats not something you here all the time...lol

Probably enjoying not throwing around the extra 50 lbs. LOL. You may not need the extra if you'd trim that fat girl down a bit. heehee.

Last edited:

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have exact same sled. Came off of a 2010 summit. I really enjoy the handeling of this sled better than the xp chassis as well.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i know what your feeling when i run my 08xp that is 30 lbs lighter than the pro, those guys just struggle all day...lol

Probably enjoying not throwing around the extra 50 lbs. LOL. You may not need the extra if you'd trim that fat girl down a bit. heehee.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lenny is there any good snow left in the mountains, how is chatter creek

Top Bottom