First pull of the SHR 880

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
Big shout out to Big John and SHR... This thing runs even smoother than I ever thought it could. Stock motor used to vibrate like crazy in the handlebars.
Customer service was second to none, and we chatted on the phone on multiple occasions about set ups and building tips etc.... This is my second SHR big bore, and most definitely not the last. SledHead Racing is one of the last few performance shops who will really work with you, and customize your motor to your needs. I couldn't be happier right now!!

http://youtu.be/tu0ngKC1vDw

SOOOOOO SMOOOOTH

http://youtu.be/z_ENXnIZJTA

Last edited:

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big shout out to Big John and SHR... This thing runs even smoother than I ever thought it could. Stock motor used to vibrate like crazy in the handlebars.
Customer service was second to none, and we chatted on the phone on multiple occasions about set ups and building tips etc.... This is my second SHR big bore, and most definitely not the last. SledHead Racing is one of the last few performance shops who will really work with you, and customize your motor to your needs. I couldn't be happier right now!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu0ngKC1vDw&list=UUzSLEQFT9rMoSoyDEoWBvyQ

SOOOOOO SMOOOOTH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_ENXnIZJTA&list=UUzSLEQFT9rMoSoyDEoWBvyQ&index=2
Your links aren't actually links....

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
turn the https into http and they should embed as little youtube videos.

Limbo

Reaction score
I see you have the SPI controller, did you have anything done besides the larger bore?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Motor sounds sweet, be nice to compare it to a 872 if you can... Nothing replaces hp like displacement

my understaing is that the spi fuel controller is for riding at lower elevations where stock fuel system might be shy on fuel volume Delevery, and not really needed at higher elevation on the 880, dam good idea and easy just to throw extra fuel in the middle and let the stock fuel system fine tune a/f

having a motor built with bj now for the turbo, and he seams like a great guy to deal with

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep his motors run smooth at idle and that's where my good experience ended

seems like you have had no good experiences with anything aftermarket, to me it appears the common link here is yourself and maybe stock is good for you...

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone has different dealings I guess .
I dealt with John and he stands behind his product .
If I was to do another BB I wouldn't think twice about going with him.
Great service just sucks dealing across the border as far as the shipping and dollar exchange.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems like you have had no good experiences with anything aftermarket, to me it appears the common link here is yourself and maybe stock is good for you...
I'm surprised..it's been like 15 minutes and you haven't gotten a reply. Is Maxwell's computer broken?

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Bahaha nailed it! If he doesn't run it then it's no good.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got one of the best builders outside your back door... I would be there in a heartbeat with your stocker..

I bet Ralph would give you a free dyno of before and after as well, I was talking with him this last week, he was mentioning now with stock porting y pipe and pipe he was seeing a 18hp jump ........dam that's impressive... And that's before and after dyno result...he so happy and busy with that, he says no need to bb or do anything turbo.. And he stands behinds his product very well I have seen

Yep his motors run smooth at idle and that's where my good experience ended

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's because I ride my snowmobile unlike you keyboard jockeys. Throw a bunch of crap on your sleds ride it once a year and call it the most awesome reliable thing ever!

I know mtnmaster rides a ton. So good test for shr motor aswell

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's because I ride my snowmobile unlike you keyboard jockeys. Throw a bunch of crap on your sleds ride it once a year and call it the most awesome reliable thing ever!

I know mtnmaster rides a ton. So good test for shr motor aswell

this year I have not been out much due to an illness, but Max I do ride a lot normally, I am just not the guy that films every thing I do and posts it.....so continue to live in your BRP dream, ride them stock,and get a new one every year, that way you never have to due any maintenace and you can say that your BRP is the best ever

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got one of the best builders outside your back door... I would be there in a heartbeat with your stocker..

I bet Ralph would give you a free dyno of before and after as well, I was talking with him this last week, he was mentioning now with stock porting y pipe and pipe he was seeing a 18hp jump ........dam that's impressive... And that's before and after dyno result...he so happy and busy with that, he says no need to bb or do anything turbo.. And he stands behinds his product very well I have seen

Who is Ralph? Do you mean Ralph @ Split Second Performance?

Top Bottom