Fire everyone at Brp in the clutching department.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasnt that harness a recall? My buddies got replaced but I cant remember if it was a recall or a warranty claim.

Mine got replaced for free with the other items on warranty/recall.

So.........biotching helps??????

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent a couple hours this weekend tuning a 17 850 175. Clutch and suspension at Eagles for a friend, i had everything at hand as my buddy made sure we did.
Had it pulling 51-52mph on multiple climbs with no rest and clutch temps remained constant with zero belt issues.

Too my surprise nearly an 8mph increase from oem and what ever other BS advice he got in tuning haha.. LOL....this sled absolutely rips now and he's loving it.

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent a couple hours this weekend tuning a 17 850 175. Clutch and suspension at Eagles for a friend, i had everything at hand as my buddy made sure we did.
Had it pulling 51-52mph on multiple climbs with no rest and clutch temps remained constant with zero belt issues.

Too my surprise nearly an 8mph increase from oem and what ever other BS advice he got in tuning haha.. LOL....this sled absolutely rips now and he's loving it.
You gonna share what you did or just let everyone else suffer?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You gonna share what you did or just let everyone else suffer?

Suffering sounds good LOL

I will tell this much. The OEM weights and profile is WRONG...too light, we replaced them. The secondary spring is adapted to the additional weight adjustment, we also replaced.
I can also tell this much, you could accomplish similar results at a cheaper cost with a cam change, slightly shallower angle. But it won't be as good as the above set up but much better then the OEM set up. Much improved.
Non of the parts we used were OEM.
At first i was a little optimistic with all the clutching issues being posted on these units.
The biggest problem with the 850 clutches is BRP lack of know how for mountain tuning. The OEM 850 setup is POOR and easily can be improved alot.
Heat issues with the clutches is greatly associated to their poor tuning set up and anyone that is aggressive will have belt issues guaranteed. If your not too aggressive your most likely going to get away with it. I concluded this after running a few simple real world runs with it, clutch temps were retarded.

I will have to ask my buddy if he wants to share actual parts. Otherwise i can some what guide you there.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I will tell this much. The OEM weights and profile is WRONG...too light, we replaced them. The secondary spring is adapted to the additional weight adjustment, we also replaced.
I can also tell this much, you could accomplish similar results at a cheaper cost with a cam change, slightly shallower angle. But it won't be as good as the above set up but much better then the OEM set up. Much improved.
At first i was a little optimistic with all the clutching issues being posted on these units.
The biggest problem with the 850 clutches is BRP lack of know how for mountain tuning. The OEM 850 setup is POOR and easily can be improved alot.
Heat issues with the clutches is greatly associated to their poor tuning set up and anyone that is aggressive will have belt issues guaranteed. If your not too aggressive your most likely going to get away with it. I concluded this after running a few simple real world runs with it, clutch temps were retarded.

I will have to ask my buddy if he wants to share actual parts. Otherwise i can some what guide you there.

Wait! I thought the OEM 850 clutching was perfect? Lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

He installed a 175 on his 17?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He installed a 175 on his 17?

I could be wrong it could be an 18, i wasn't really paying attention on the year, i thought he said 17.
It might even be a 165 LOL, again i wasn't paying attention to the track length.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

OMG..........Kanedog was right!!!!!!!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMG..........Kanedog was right!!!!!!!

Don't know anything about kanedog, all i can say is i was asked to set it up. He supplied the parts i figured we needed and we did it on the mountain in about 2 hrs.

After we set it up i rode with him two day's with no issues and he had a big smile on. How long it last with no issue's, don't know but i will be riding with him in a couple of weeks so will know more then.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong it could be an 18, i wasn't really paying attention on the year, i thought he said 17.
It might even be a 165 LOL, again i wasn't paying attention to the track length.
It's a 17 x 165 lol

Top Bottom