Fire Danger for Coalhurst/Lethbridge!

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to be the pilot trying to load and dump water in that wind today. 112 kms an hour is gotta be close to hurricane rated winds isn't it. I know its close to that number.
i wouldn't want to be the two little Willy's strapped to those pontoons with 20 litre buckets flying in that wind today!

jdaniel

Reaction score
That sucks. We had rain here and through the valley today. I don't know if the system was going east or not. Lets hope it does.....

We were in lethbridge today, pretty scary! Got out in the nick of time. It was raining a bit in brocket when we went through, so hopefully it kept going towards the fire.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to be the pilot trying to load and dump water in that wind today. 112 kms an hour is gotta be close to hurricane rated winds isn't it. I know its close to that number.
Ya that is breezy Ken. When I worked at Waterton we would see gusts over 160k, our anomometer went off scale higher than that but we had roofs blowing off buildings and lifts of plywood flying around. kinda scary

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that is breezy Ken. When I worked at Waterton we would see gusts over 160k, our anomometer went off scale higher than that but we had roofs blowing off buildings and lifts of plywood flying around. kinda scary
HaHa that Waterton is a bad azz place. Took some baseball and golfball hail to the Superduty this summer. Mother nature has one wicked sense of humour.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HaHa that Waterton is a bad azz place. Took some baseball and golfball hail to the Superduty this summer. Mother nature has one wicked sense of humour.
Good sleddin in there when you sneak in over the Akamina though.;)

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little rough on the truck eh. I had mine blasted by rock there. Insurance repainted the truck and replaced all glass. People that haven't spent time there don't believe the stories about golf ball sized rock blowing around. Gods country when the wind quits but every fall lookout.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the fire is under control or still running wild? Listening to Global this morning and they contradicted the story during the piece. Apparently it is still going strong that we know.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fires at Lethbridge and Milk River are under control for now as reported at noon today. Hopefully the wind will stay down to tidy things up.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My cousin in Milk River, said they just got the call and no combining today. The fire has resparked and the smoke is visible West of town

Top Bottom