Fire Danger for Coalhurst/Lethbridge!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another wildfire is running wild towards the communities of Coalhurst and Lethbridge. Fueled by winds as high as 112 km/hr it appears that Lethbridge is bracing for the worst and building a huge fire guard with heavy equipment right now. The fire has already jumped a highway and the Oldman River. Pray for mother nature to intervene and calm those winds down so they have a chance.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Started at the reserve again I hear.. My mother , sister and brother are there... Say it's PRETTY smokey!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Best of luck to all in the affected area's, hoping the best for you all.

I missed the news, but just pulled this up from Global Lethbridge

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Started at the reserve again I hear.. My mother , sister and brother are there... Say it's PRETTY smokey!

Sure hope all ends up OK wind never seems to not blow there. T-team why is your family at the indian reserve? You got a little native in you??

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i thought he was part squatch, friggin hairy kind, had no idea he was native. that explains alot, but also raises alot of questions. hmmmm

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347331765.311582.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wind is finally down here to about 10kms/hr. Thats a big fire for a small plane there T isn't it?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They figure now it was started by a power pole that broke from the wind.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
That's what they are using to fight it.. Seems small!

I don't know where the big bombers are located for the BC Forest Service but it would probably be hours before they could get them there and then they have to have special bases to fill them. Cranbrook would be the closest and there may not even be any there right now as they may be busy elsewhere.

I saw a big tanker at a strip west of Cowley last week. Just the tail was sticking up or otherwise I would have missed it. I didn't even know there was a landing strip there. Maybe it was on stand-by for the Park?

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know where the big bombers are located for the BC Forest Service but it would probably be hours before they could get them there and then they have to have special bases to fill them. Cranbrook would be the closest and there may not even be any there right now as they may be busy elsewhere.

I saw a big tanker at a strip west of Cowley last week. Just the tail was sticking up or otherwise I would have missed it. I didn't even know there was a landing strip there. Maybe it was on stand-by for the Park?

Pincher Crack has an airstrip rated for the bombers. Frickin wind..if you haven't lived down there you have no idea.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pincher Crack has an airstrip rated for the bombers. Frickin wind..if you haven't lived down there you have no idea.
I wouldn't want to be the pilot trying to load and dump water in that wind today. 112 kms an hour is gotta be close to hurricane rated winds isn't it. I know its close to that number.

Top Bottom