Fire Bans and Common Sense Please

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

P
lease use some common sense and also obey fire bans people. It is extremely dry out there right now. I know it sucks to go camping and not be able to have a fire. It sucks more when people could lose everything because someone wanted to have a fire or someone threw their cigarette butt out the window. Leave the spark arrestor in your ATVs too. :nono:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
http://albertafirebans.ca/

West country still open as of today...should have 'er all shut out by Friday as per the communist agenda. (it is NOT extremely dry in the Red Deer and west area)

Edit: and YES I will obey if/when the ban comes out....even though I know they do it in certain areas just to put a damper on the camping over long weekends. (like last year...fire bans in the pouring rain...sheesh)

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

West country still open as of today...should have 'er all shut out by Friday as per the communist agenda. (it is NOT extremely dry in the Red Deer and west area)

Edit: and YES I will obey if/when the ban comes out....even though I know they do it in certain areas just to put a damper on the camping over long weekends. (like last year...fire bans in the pouring rain...sheesh)

I am bringing my propane campfire. Since I can't light a fire anyway. And am on days off. I know nothing about fires.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Has there been firebans in the Rocky area the last few years? Cuz in the last several years I've been going to Nordegg for May Long weekends, there has never been firebans. Hopin' there won't be one in the Rocky area.. we probably wouldn't go otherwise, especially if the weather turns out to be pretty cool like its lookin right now.. would need a fire but having one during firebans definitely isn't worth the risk and/or the fines.

Be safe, cautious, and respectful people. Firebans or not, it certainly doesn't take much.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has there been firebans in the Rocky area the last few years? Cuz in the last several years I've been going to Nordegg for May Long weekends, there has never been firebans. Hopin' there won't be one in the Rocky area.. we probably wouldn't go otherwise, especially if the weather turns out to be pretty cool like its lookin right now.. would need a fire but having one during firebans definitely isn't worth the risk and/or the fines.

Be safe, cautious, and respectful people. Firebans or not, it certainly doesn't take much.
If you had a fire anywhere in Alberta last May long...you broke the law.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you had a fire anywhere in Alberta last May long...you broke the law.

Actually where I was for May Long last year there WAS a fireban, as there usually is up around the lakes North East of Edmonton, and we never had one, but it was warm and we made do without one. Last year was the only year I didn't go to Nordegg - I just assumed they didn't have one last year either since they never had firebans the last previous years I've been out.

I'm just wondering when they will issue a fireban, if they do, for the West country.. I wouldn't want to get out there Thursday and find out Friday there's a fireban :(

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Actually where I was for May Long last year there WAS a fireban, as there usually is up around the lakes North East of Edmonton, and we never had one, but it was warm and we made do without one. Last year was the only year I didn't go to Nordegg - I just assumed they didn't have one last year either since they never had firebans the last previous years I've been out.

I'm just wondering when they will issue a fireban, if they do, for the West country.. I wouldn't want to get out there Thursday and find out Friday there's a fireban :(

I fully anticipate a province wide fire ban to be in effect once again by Wednesday or so.... keep your eyes on http://www.albertafirebans.ca and watch the news at night.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It was province-wide last year.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent a good part of yesterday disc firebreak.. It is dangerously dry out..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337018714.316981.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got home from Southfork, it is very dry out there. Still lots of deep muddy holes but dry bush, no dought firebans will come on.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup I have been keeping my eye on the weather and fire ban status each day. Just hoping for the best, if it dont work out well we will head out another weekend when the weather is better and fire bans are lifted lol. I have no intentions to go camping and not be able to have a fire to stay warm when it snows and the weather is crap lol, and I also have full respect for fire bans. We're already beginning to see problems with keeping riding areas open, last thing we need to do is burn them down, like a few have already in the past.

Reactions: crp

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
if you were my mother, guess i got to see yer t---on the way out. thought it was the grand canyon. hehe, get a friggi grip girl. you believe everythig ya read.

Kind of a touchy subject here Larry, if you look, she's from Drayton Valley area where there is 1 very large fire burning currently, we also have several members who were affected by the Slave Lake fire last year, and possibly more being affected by the Current Grassland & Bonnyville fires......

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am bringing my propane campfire. Since I can't light a fire anyway. And am on days off. I know nothing about fires.

propane campfires and patio heaters are not allowed to be used during a fireban only campstoves and bbq's for cooking purposes only

Last edited:

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you were my mother, guess i got to see yer t---on the way out. thought it was the grand canyon. hehe, get a friggi grip girl. you believe everythig ya read.

Kind of a touchy subject here Larry, if you look, she's from Drayton Valley area where there is 1 very large fire burning currently, we also have several members who were affected by the Slave Lake fire last year, and possibly more being affected by the Current Grassland & Bonnyville fires......

TG is right. Why don't you come out and try your comedy on the people in my rural neighborhood right now. I bet they would all think that you are right fawkin' hilarious. Maybe Slave Lake, Grassland and Bonnyville would think that you are pretty funny too.

If you get to see any **** other than yourself you should consider yourself lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom